298 Exam Structure

kingpeterkingpeter Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a few pointers on the structure of the 298 exam. I'm aware that it revolves around case studies and that you get roughly 8-10 questions based on each scenario.

I've been told that each case study is timed and you only have 20-25 minutes per case study. I'm also led to believe that unlike most other MCP exams you do not get an opportunity at the end to review/change your answers (I suppose this makes sense if each scenario is timed).

Can anyone give me a few pointers here in terms of what I should expect from the exam?

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sounds like you have the general idea ;)

It's basically the security items from 291 and 293 in a case-study format. IMHO, I thought the 299 MS Press book was better preparation for this than the 298 book.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Sounds like you have the general idea ;)

It's basically the security items from 291 and 293 in a case-study format. IMHO, I thought the 299 MS Press book was better preparation for this than the 298 book.

+1 The 299 book is all you need, provided you do the hands-on work. The 298 was just a bunch of very dry guidelines for me. Good reference book, though.
  • shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    Psoasman wrote: »
    +1 The 299 book is all you need, provided you do the hands-on work. The 298 was just a bunch of very dry guidelines for me. Good reference book, though.

+2.
    The amount of time depended on the number of questions. The questions have a lot of extra info that you don't need. Read the questions first and then review the data that is given.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    +3 Actually I would take 299 first then you will find 298 boring. You can review and change the questions in each testlet as much as you want but once you go to the next one, you can't go back. Think of them as a bunch of little quizes and you have the picture. Oh and only the last 1 or 2 sentences have any real bearing on what you are doing. Watch your time if you read the full proposals you will find that you have to rush through the questions. It appears that MS does this on purpose to see if you can filter out the problem from a specification done by committee.

Just get the jist of the testlet and quickly look at the section that has to do with the question at hand. You will do just fine; just don't over think your self into a hole. Remember you can always review your answers before you exit a testlet.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • kingpeterkingpeter Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the pointers guys!