Options

601/602

rizzo777rizzo777 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is it possible that I can still take the 601/602?? if so, for how much longer?

Comments

• Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rizzo777 wrote: »
    Is it possible that I can still take the 601/602?? if so, for how much longer?

From CompTIA A+ 2006 Edition:

"The existing CompTIA A+ 600 series exams remain relevant and are in use by organizations and educational institutions throughout the world. The English version of these exams will retire in the U.S., Canada and South Africa on February 28, 2010"
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    laptoplaptop Member Posts: 214
    bwcarty wrote: »
    From CompTIA A+ 2006 Edition:

"The existing CompTIA A+ 600 series exams remain relevant and are in use by organizations and educational institutions throughout the world. The English version of these exams will retire in the U.S., Canada and South Africa on February 28, 2010"

I read that paragraph from the website you posted.

"The educational versions of these exams (JK0-601, JK0-602, JK0-603 and JK0-604), as well as the German, Korean, Arabic, Chinese and Japanese translations of the 220-601 through 220-604 CompTIA A+ exams, will remain in the market for use until August 31, 2010. "

Does it mean that those who have CompTIA A+ 2006 will have to retake the 2009 version to stay certified?
  • Options
    poriggityporiggity Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If I recall correctly, once you are A+ certified, you are certified for life, and taking the 2009 version won't be a requirement. You may WANT to take it, just to make sure you are up to date on everything A+, but I don't think it will be a requirement if you already have your A+. I could be wrong though.
    Scott
    A+, 70-270, and working on 70-290 now. Certs are good.
    claymoore wrote:
    If you're unzipping your fly to show off your A+, N+ and Sec+, I'm going to ask if it's cold in here.