Passed 70-294

brucewhunterbrucewhunter Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
44 questions, 2 sims - create a policy ______ and Godzilla came to your Site and messed it up! Guess who gets to fix it. I actually enjoyed them but I messed the application of the GPO which dumped my score.
And that remains my weakest link , the application of GPO. So extra study on that ponit and on to 297.

I studied 3 weeks - Used the MS and Thompson's books. Test Out CBT's which have faithfully remained the best resource thruout this recertification. Testing was PrepLogic and Transcender's. Not much to them for this one but the Transcender"s do assit in bending your mind around OU structure and GPO dispersal. I have never found much value in Preplogic material.

I would say 3 questions are - F@#$%$% but for me that was just sorting out the OU and members of such for GPO applicability . And that is what the majority of the exam was about - GPO !!!!

Thanks again to the Forum for assisting in the focus of my studies.icon14.gif

Comments

• bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Any particular reason for choosing 297 over 298? I needed 297 for school, but since 298 applies to both Messaging and Security specializations, I would have preferred going that route.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_cheers.gif
  • brucewhunterbrucewhunter Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bwcarty wrote: »
    Congrats! Any particular reason for choosing 297 over 298? I needed 297 for school, but since 298 applies to both Messaging and Security specializations, I would have preferred going that route.

Security can be managed effectively with MS server but my experience has shown that a good portion of the securing is done with 3rd party devices and other operating systems. I typically work with heterogeneous environments and thought that tightning up the internal structure in a MS enviroment would be the better way to go.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing! That exam is definitely heavy on GPOs.
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Nice job.
    May I ask your score?
  • novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    Congrats! i am curious on your score since i just scketched by with a 700. also did yours crash also?
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • docspawndocspawn Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm gonna give it a crack on Tuesday. Must say it doesnt seem to be as bad, so far, as the 291/293 exam prep..... I shouldnt of said that... !!
    D.S.
    well docspawn, today is Tuesday?
    how did you do?
  • Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    Congrats on the pass. I have this one scheduled for Monday. I've been hammering away at mostly GPO stuff using MS Press and Ucertify and Preplogic tests along with the MS Press CD tests. After 70-291 and 70-293 I was hoping this test would be a little easier, but we'll see.
  • docspawndocspawn Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    To Super99
    Yes passed with good score too, didnt find it to bad an exam really.

To anyone
    As Bruce said there was a few G.P. questions that really made you think and think again but over all quite enjoyed it.
    The 2 sim i had were easy too.
    It was one of these exams that you can almost read answers first and
    delete half as rubbish, so narrow down to 2.Then read question.

Not sure if will go down 297 or 298 to finish MCSE, where's a coin...
    D.S.
    Thanks excellent news and good job ;)