Anyone get their results yet for the Beta Exam

ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
I thought it was coming out in the end of oct. Does anyone know if thats changed yet.
CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
Cisco CCENT In Progress
MCP Server 291 In Progress
C|EH In Progress

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah, the result's supposed to coming out in October, but it's looking more like November with that SME stuff going on.

More in the other thread > http://www.techexams.net/forums/server/42491-anyone-else-get-invite-server-2009-beta-13.html#post353450
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Essendon wrote: »
    Yeah, the result's supposed to coming out in October, but it's looking more like November with that SME stuff going on.

More in the other thread > http://www.techexams.net/forums/server/42491-anyone-else-get-invite-server-2009-beta-13.html#post353450

Yep! The exam cut scores are not even until the beginning of November. So, perhaps we might see the result by December.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    I haven't gotten my beta exam results yet either. I was told I would get the results in October. I contacted CompTIA via e-mail and they haven't gotten back to me yet. I will post if I get a response.
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
    I think you're right. Its been about 10 days since I've contacted CompTIA and I've gotten no response. I'm assuming we're just going to have to play the waiting game...
    BS - Computer Science
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    matradley wrote: »
    Since CompTIA has noted that the Linux+ results (SME's looked at results in October) will not be out until January. I imagine the results for Server+ will not be out until February.
    GAH! icon_eek.gif

I was hoping that it would come out shortly after their SME's met (they apparently just wrapped up a couple days ago). Sigh, oh well. Guess I'll have to feign patience for a couple more months.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
    just got a response from CompTIA. it only took about a month...

Anyway, they said the new test would be out in February most likely and that we will get our results from the testing center once the new test launches
    BS - Computer Science

Anyway, they said the new test would be out in February most likely and that we will get our results from the testing center once the new test launches

This is making for a painful wait... icon_sad.gif
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    This is making for a painful wait... icon_sad.gif

I think that maybe they should create a Patience+ Certification to give to all those who have waited for any of the Beta exam results this year. icon_lol.gif
    I think that maybe they should create a Patience+ Certification to give to all those who have waited for any of the Beta exam results this year. icon_lol.gif
    Hey! I am Patience+ certified. ;)
  • novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    i definetly run short on patience... i cant wait to see the results of this one.
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • joecontrerasjoecontreras Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thought I was looking forward to the results for this but since I just got the results for the Linux+ Beta and received a "failed" I think I could wait a little longer to spread out the possible bad news. I thought I did well on the Linux+ and didn't pass and I was just as comfortable with this one so I expect the same results unfortunately.
    According to CompTIA's website, Server+ results will not be out until February.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Well CompTIA royally screwed up the Server+ beta. Lets hope they dont eff up Project+ so much.
  • stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't expect BETA test results until Jan /Feb 2010 Hope this helps!
    Free Reading : History Books
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Well CompTIA royally screwed up the Server+ beta. Lets hope they dont eff up Project+ so much.

Your comment is way too nice, I expect something better from you :)

Rumor is, those awaiting Server+ beta scores - regardless of a pass or fail, will be awarded a new Patience+ certification as well.

Rumor is, those awaiting Server+ beta scores - regardless of a pass or fail, will be awarded a new Patience+ certification as well.
    Absolutely! I wonder if they'll brand the new exams as "2009" anymore?
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■

Well I heard anyone participating in any of the CompTIA betas in 2009 would receive the JerkedAround+, which is apparently a requirement if you would like to get many US government jobs or participate in American democracy on any level.
    Well I heard anyone participating in any of the CompTIA betas in 2009 would receive the JerkedAround+, which is apparently a requirement if you would like to get many US government jobs or participate in American democracy on any level.
    Looks like that JerkedAround+ is on hold...just re-checked my Prometric history and the Server+ is showing as "Passed" - woohoo! icon_cheers.gif

I think they JUST uploaded the info - I checked maybe 1-2 days ago and it was still just showing as "tested." No official word from CompTIA yet and no update on the CompTIA site either though...hrm...

skrpune wrote: »
    Looks like that JerkedAround+ is on hold...just re-checked my Prometric history and the Server+ is showing as "Passed" - woohoo! icon_cheers.gif

I think they JUST uploaded the info - I checked maybe 1-2 days ago and it was still just showing as "tested." No official word from CompTIA yet and no update on the CompTIA site either though...hrm...

Probably Prometric releasing results too early again.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    skrpune wrote: »

You will receive an email from CompTIA stating that Prometric released the results too early and that results are not yet final. This is what happened on the Linux+ exam!
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    You will receive an email from CompTIA stating that Prometric released the results too early and that results are not yet final. This is what happened on the Linux+ exam!

You are Probably right. I too show a status of "Passed" on prometrics candidate history, I'll wait to celebrate when the certify.comptia.org page has this status posted.
    Mine says passed as well.

It better be true, I took that beta OVER HALF A YEAR AGO!
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Mine says passed as well.

It better be true, I took that beta OVER HALF A YEAR AGO!

I believe that is the same for the Linux+ exams. Perhaps the results will stand even though they are early.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It seems I have maintained my 100% record on beta exams, showing up as Failed. Like I care.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Essendon wrote: »
    It seems I have maintained my 100% record on beta exams, showing up as Failed. Like I care.

I have the same record, except totally opposite.

Dont sweat it man, its just a CompTIA cert. You've got a lot of credentials that outweigh those by a long shot.
    These results must be somewhat valid. Prometric would not release "false" results. I would when I might get a visual at PearsonVUE?
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My results were in (Prometric) as passed as well, which I suppose is nice and all. In the end though, it's just a fairly unrecognized CompTIA certification that probably isn't going to do any bit of good for me.

Looking back, I'm not sure what possessed me to stick the time into the light review of the exam objectives and time spent sitting the exam when I could have focused on something else.
    matradley wrote: »
    These results must be somewhat valid. Prometric would not release "false" results. I would when I might get a visual at PearsonVUE?
    Don't be so sure - false results have been released on Betas before...