How Security+ helped me

UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
I'd like to share with you what happened with me.

So I took the security+ exam earlier this year, just for the heck of it..and to broaden my security knowledge..Maybe to shoot for CISSP later in my career.

A company called me last week, they said they found my CV on a job board, and they asked me about my CompTIA Security+ . It was totally unexpected.

They are a training/consulting company, and they want me to do part time training for Security+, which is great..I'll make extra cash :)

Just thought of sharing this to encourage those studying for Security+ or any certification :)
Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Awesome, congratulations!

It's funny how stuff like this works. I get contacted from time-to-time random stuff like this too. It's definitely good to get it out there on Monster, LinkedIn, etc.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sweet! That is something I would love to do!
  • Met44Met44 Member Posts: 194
    That sounds like a fun side-job. This is the same way I got my first paid job in IT -- I got a cold call to verify that I had the A+ cert, and an address to show up at the next morning. It was a subcontractor position for different projects at various places around the city. They showed no sign of interest in my previous work in IT or my other cert (only had the Network+ at the time), but they really liked that I had the A+. I had only taken it a month beforehand, since someone I knew offered me a free shot with a voucher that was about to expire.

You really never know what can come your way if you put yourself out there. Curious about how many other people have had an experience similar to UnixGuy's and mine.
  • BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Thats great news mate I will love to be called like that, am really Interested in Sec plus.
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sweet deal mate, so how many days a week are you going to conduct classes?
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    coffeeking wrote: »
    Sweet deal mate, so how many days a week are you going to conduct classes?

3 days a week, 1 hr per class. For one month I think
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    Security+ has helped me too, but more so knowledge wise, I picked up a lot of little things that I didn't know before, and a lot of things that should be helpful to know, or learn more about later in my career.