Options

70-270 Windows 2000 XP Exam 1, Q #37

winky51winky51 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok this is a silly question. I have never seen an issue where a monitor needed an updated drive in my 14 years in IT. Do they seriously have these kind of questions on the test? I find more times then not the video drive is corrupt, its a bad download, or didnt install correctly.

Comments

• Options
    jayITjayIT Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    winky51 wrote: »
    Ok this is a silly question. I have never seen an issue where a monitor needed an updated drive in my 14 years in IT. Do they seriously have these kind of questions on the test? I find more times then not the video drive is corrupt, its a bad download, or didnt install correctly.

I've done it a few times. I've passed the 290 & 291, and I'm coming back to take the XP test. There could be a question like that. I think the main way to tell if it's a monitor driver that needs to be updated is the lack of available screen resolutions. For example, you change your monitor and now you're stuck in 800x600 mode. Rare, but could happen.
  • Options
    ObdurateObdurate Member Posts: 108
    winky51 wrote: »

I have never seen a monitor go bad ever (been doing IT since 95); it has always been a bad video card/video driver.

The closest I ever came to a bad monitor was EMI from someone's personal electric fan.

~Obdurate~
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I dont think you need to worry about monitor driver questions.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    jayIT wrote: »
    I've done it a few times. I've passed the 290 & 291, and I'm coming back to take the XP test. There could be a question like that. I think the main way to tell if it's a monitor driver that needs to be updated is the lack of available screen resolutions. For example, you change your monitor and now you're stuck in 800x600 mode. Rare, but could happen.
    Obdurate wrote: »
    I have never seen a monitor go bad ever (been doing IT since 95); it has always been a bad video card/video driver.

Great answers. It should be obviously from the question; don't worry about it.