Vic-2fxo-m?

Good morning voice experts,

I am looking to build a lab kit for the CCNAV exam and have been looking on eBay for some parts. After reading a few other posts, I have seen a few people opt for a 1760 router with FXO and FXS VICs. There are a few people on ebay selling VIC-2FXO's - some are VIC-2FXO-M1 and others are VIC-2FXO-M3 ones. After finding this page url=http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_tech_note09186a00800b53c7.shtml]Understanding Foreign Exchange Office (FXO) Voice Interface Cards - Cisco Systems[/url, does this mean I require a VIC-2FXO-M3 because I live in australia? I don't imagine I would be connecting my voice lab to the outside world so does this really matter?

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• jeev2008jeev2008 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is the whole thing.:D

VIC-2FXO
    Two-port FXO VIC
    VIC-2FXO-EU
    Two-port FXO for Europe
    VIC-2FXO-M1
    Two-port FXO for U.S. with battery reversal
    VIC-2FXO-M2
    Two-port FXO for Europe with battery reversal
    VIC-2FXO-M3
    Two-port FXO for Australia
    VIC-4FXO-M1
    Four-port FXO for U.S. with battery reversal only for the MRP
    VIC2-2FXO
    Two-port VIC – FXO (Universal). Also supports Centralized Automatic Message Accounting (CAMA) with software configuration
    VIC2-4FXO
    Four-port VIC – FXO (Universal). Also supports CAMA with software configuration
    VIC-2FXO
    Two-port FXO VIC

VIC-2FXO-EU
    Two-port FXO for Europe

VIC-2FXO-M1
    Two-port FXO for U.S. with battery reversal

VIC-2FXO-M2
    Two-port FXO for Europe with battery reversal

VIC-2FXO-M3
    Two-port FXO for Australia

VIC-4FXO-M1
    Four-port FXO for U.S. with battery reversal only for the MRP

VIC2-2FXO
    Two-port VIC – FXO (Universal). Also supports Centralized Automatic Message Accounting (CAMA) with software configuration

VIC2-4FXO
    Four-port VIC – FXO (Universal). Also supports CAMA with software configuration
  • luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    That wasn't my question.. I did read the link:P the M3 VICs seem go be more expensive than the M1s so I wanted to know - if I wasn't connecting a voice lab to my actual phone line - does it matter what VIC-2FXO I get for my lab?
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    luke_bibby wrote: »
    does this mean I require a VIC-2FXO-M3 because I live in australia? I don't imagine I would be connecting my voice lab to the outside world so does this really matter?

From reading that I'd say Yes, however if your not connecting it to the outside world then it wont matter what you get.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi Luke,

I'm also located in Australia, my Voice Lab consists of mostly 1760's (they make great simple branch offices) and are great and affordabe solutions for CCNA-V, and in a lab not connected to the PSTN you can get away with any of the FXO types (think I was using an M2). However to better test dial plans and make test calls, an M3 or universal FXO card would be better.

If your interested I have a surplus 2FXO-M2 available, I've since upgraded to the universal 4FXO. PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,
    Dave
  • luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    What IOS feature set will I need? On the CME 4.1 IOS requirements page, it says I need min 12.4(15)T, so will the IP voice IOS be sufficient? Just a question as it is like 26MB rather than the 32 odd MB for advanced enterprise services

Thanks for helping a VoIP noob!