How hard is the Linux+ if I use Linux daily?

abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278

My desktop is Kubuntu, I have a laptop with Eeebuntu, and at work, I manage about 100 servers using RedHat/CentOS.

TIA

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    abefroman wrote: »

My desktop is Kubuntu, I have a laptop with Eeebuntu, and at work, I manage about 100 servers using RedHat/CentOS.

TIA

You will probably need to review a book (maybe once) and you will kill it.
    Have you thought about the RHCT/E track?

Have you looked at the objectives for the Linux+ 2009. I actually have these printed out and I plan to nail them to my wall:
    http://www.comptia.org/certifications/listed/linux.aspx

Take a look at them, print them out and then judge how long you think it is going to take you to get to that level (if you are not there) or if you are there, get a book, get the money and kill that sucker.
  • abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    knwminus wrote: »
    You will probably need to review a book (maybe once) and you will kill it.
    Have you thought about the RHCT/E track?

Have you looked at the objectives for the Linux+ 2009. I actually have these printed out and I plan to nail them to my wall:
    CompTIA Linux+

Take a look at them, print them out and then judge how long you think it is going to take you to get to that level (if you are not there) or if you are there, get a book, get the money and kill that sucker.

Thx! Looks like I have heard of about 90% of that and use about 60% of it regularly. I might pick up a cram book and just use that.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    abefroman wrote: »
    Thx! Looks like I have heard of about 90% of that and use about 60% of it regularly. I might pick up a cram book and just use that.

I am a little behind you icon_redface.gif. I have the Linux+ 2004 book and a Linux Bible and I plan to play with cent, debian, *bsd, solaris, and ubuntu for the next few months. when the 2008 book comes out (in Feb) I plan to pick it up and killl the test. My *nix path is L+>SCSA>SCNA>RHCT>RHCE within the next 1-2 years.