passed on friday, FINALLY!!

c_gc_g Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
after tanking ICND twice, I passed on friday. I took the two test approach. INTRO was pretty easy and passed on my first try. ICND was a different beast, but all done now. It feels good, until I pick up the BSCI book. Like others around here I freaked out and froze-up on my previous tests. This one was different. I totally felt like I had tons of time, never rushed at all. The one sim I actually had to do twice. I deleted the whole list on accident and did a "sh run" and nothing showed up. So, even having to complete that a second time, I had plenty of time. I only passed my 4 points, but I guess a pass is a pass.

I used Todd Lammle's CCNA book, Exam Cram (don't waste you time/money here), Cisco Press CCNA Flash cards (pretty good cram sheets), Cisco Press/Boson CCNA Network Simulator and Self Test Software Practice Test (CCNA)

The last item was the kicker for me. If you want a test simulator that has the look and feel of the real test(s), look at Self Test. The scoring is even broken down just like the real test, so you can hit any specific area for problems.s

Well, that's my two cents worth.
Thanks for the help, -cg

Comments

• MainframeOS390MainframeOS390 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Job well done
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats! Well done.

BTW. I am a big fan of the ExamCram books, but the CCNA one had way to much to cover in the small format, and was not as good as the others. (I have used them for Net+, Sec+, CCNA, and my current MCSE studies.)
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
  • TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Congrats! And thanks for the compliment - we appreciate it! :)
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • jsondjsond Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • mubasherxmubasherx Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    great job dude

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif i failed it today
    ~wazup~
    The Network Champs are here
    ~wazup~

<Mubasher Paracha>
  • porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    mubasherx wrote:
    great job dude

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif i failed it today

Don't sweat it, mubasherx. I failed on my first attempt, but studied hard on the areas I didn't do well on, and passed it two weeks later. Getting my CCNA was something that I really wanted, so I was determined to pass no matter what. If getting your CCNA is as important to you, you should be as determined to get it.

Never give up!