Options

A Few Questions ???

BubsyBubsy Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been studying for the 70-228 Exam now for a few Months. I used a Exam Cram Book plus I was lucky enough to be sent on a 5 day Admin course. Whilst on this Course anyway I found out that the Exam Cram book had lots and lots Errors. Has Anyone else passed by using this Book?

I am going for my Exam on Monday. It will be my First MCP Exam all the practice Exams I have done I seem to be scoring well though at times I feel my Brain has been fried icon_eek.gif as I have found this exam to be much more tricky to understand then any other. ( I Studyed the 70-210 but never took the Exam). If I Pass this I have already Booked the 70-210 for March the 14th. (I figure if I can pass the SQL exam I must be able to Pass a Workstation Exam). So Hopefully within the next Month I will Have 2 MCPS working my way towards a MCDBA path, but I also want to become a MCSA hence the workstation Exam.

Does anyone know how many questions this Exam has and what the Pass mark is for it, I cant seem to find it on the Microsoft site.

Thanks

Aniill

Comments

• Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Pass mark for all Microsoft exams is 700. However, that doesn't necessarily mean 70%, since no one (but Microsoft) knows what the score range is. Is it 0-1000? Is it 300-900? Microsoft's certainly not saying. Therefore, the 700 score is not really useful to us, the test takers, except to know at the end of the exam whether we passed or failed.

Additionally, Microsoft has been known to change the number of questions on their exam from time to time. You might get 40 questions... someone else might get 60. Microsoft uses the exams to introduce unscored "beta" questions into the pool.

Best you can do is study until you know the concepts well. Then, it doesn't matter whether they give you 10 questions or 100... you'll still be able to pass.
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    MS press books are by far the best books to use when studying for Microsoft exams. At least that's from my experience. And if you can get hold of a trancender practice exam, then that would be even better.

Wish you the best
    2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    BubsyBubsy Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Many Thanks for the Replys have found them useful will be looking into transcender as I have seen a few people recomend them.
  • Options
    clock43401clock43401 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    And if you can get hold of a trancender practice exam, then that would be even better.

How can you say that? No way!
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    What's wrong with Trancender?

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.