Security+ today

levic77levic77 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I"m taking the Security+ in an hour. Wish me luck ..!
A man is a method, a progressive arrangement; a selecting principle, gathering his like to him; wherever he goes.

-RWE

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    levic77 wrote: »
    I"m taking the Security+ in an hour. Wish me luck ..!

Good luck!
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
  • abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
  • levic77levic77 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed with a 810. It was not as hard as I worked it up to be in my mind prior to taking.
    A man is a method, a progressive arrangement; a selecting principle, gathering his like to him; wherever he goes.

-RWE
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    levic77 wrote: »
    I passed with a 810. It was not as hard as I worked it up to be in my mind prior to taking.

Awesome. What did you use for your studies and how long did you study?
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats on the pass!
  • GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Awesome score. icon_smile.gif
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)
  • levic77levic77 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I only used the Sybex book for study. Maybe a few practice tests online here and there but not many. I read the book through once and then focused on the key chapters/things people said they saw on the test. A good deal of the questions related to Cryptography and then the various algorithms. Know all the Asymmetric/Symmetric algorithms like the back of your hand. Also know all the characteristics of NIDS's / HIDS's / sniffers / port- protocol analyzers / know non repudiation / integrity / and then just all the basic attacks and how they operate. The questions I didn't know.. it was very easy to factor out two or three answers and pick the correct one.

-RWE
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Good luck.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Nakeja71Nakeja71 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.