CCSP or CCIP

eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok so...... about....7..8 months ago i completed the CCNP track, aiming to the CCIE, i got a job in a partner and currently working for cisco (outsourced). I realized that im not quite ready to go for the CCIE yet, since i have only like 1.5 years of experience, so after a lot of thinking (CCDP, or CCNA Voice) i decided to go for either CCSP or CCIP.....

CCSP would have to do with part of my current job as for CCIP i believe is like on the same CCNP CCIE track, but dont really know, so any advice would be welcome here, thanks.

happy holidays
"Almost..... is as good as Nothing"

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Studying for he QOS, BGP and MPLS exams from the CCIP track will help with your CCIE Quest -- and hopefully lead to new opportunities in your current job to use those skills.

But with only 1.5 years experience, it might better to go for the Certifications that will help you do your current job -- so if that's the CCSP, that's probably your best current choice.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I can see that you have CCSP, CCIP and CCVP, which one was the most difficult for you?? is voice really a pain?? i can see here in my current job, lots of people complaining about it my boss (CCIE R&S) want nothing to do with it, he said, you better stay away from that, but i've been always curious about voice track

mikej412 wrote: »
    Studying for he QOS, BGP and MPLS exams from the CCIP track will help with your CCIE Quest -- and hopefully lead to new opportunities in your current job to use those skills.

But with only 1.5 years experience, it might better to go for the Certifications that will help you do your current job -- so if that's the CCSP, that's probably your best current choice.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'd say I had to learn more "new stuff" for the CCVP -- so that probably made it the "hardest." Plus there were no Cisco Press Certification books out when I did it, so you had to almost read everything (Cisco Press CCIE Voice Reading list & Cisco Docs) to find what was actually going to be useful for the CCVP exams.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    If you're planning on doing CCIE:R&S eventually... then I would recommend going the CCIP.

I'm currently completing mine after finishing CCNP, it's allowed me to get a better understanding of BGP,QoS and MPLS which will only benefit me career\work wise and in my CCIE quest as well...

However if you are working alot with security then getting more experience in the security field would be beneficial and the CCSP would accomodate that as well (not so much expereience.. but the knowledge..)

Honestly if I was you though I'd go the CCIP.

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I'd say I had to learn more "new stuff" for the CCVP -- so that probably made it the "hardest." Plus there were no Cisco Press Certification books out when I did it, so you had to almost read everything (Cisco Press CCIE Voice Reading list & Cisco Docs) to find what was actually going to be useful for the CCVP exams.

Yeah just what i imagined, CCVP scares me... its seems there is something evil going on, in the proyect i am right everytime we do a little change, all voice goes down, and we have CCIE from Voice and CCVP running all over the place trying to figure out what happened they fix it and same story over and over..

thanks for your advices =)
    APA wrote: »
    If you're planning on doing CCIE:R&S eventually... then I would recommend going the CCIP.

I'm currently completing mine after finishing CCNP, it's allowed me to get a better understanding of BGP,QoS and MPLS which will only benefit me career\work wise and in my CCIE quest as well...

However if you are working alot with security then getting more experience in the security field would be beneficial and the CCSP would accomodate that as well (not so much expereience.. but the knowledge..)

Honestly if I was you though I'd go the CCIP.

I kinda agree with you, i think the CCIE goa looks more real if i go for the CCIP and i dont think im read for it.... CCSP is kinda like getting to know the other tech, and give me time to work on my R&S Skills i guess... the things that in my work, there are 3 teams, Voice, Security and R&S unfortunately, My boss is the leader of the proyect and he wants to have someone all day on site, in case Voice or Security needs something (Which i cant understand having VPN Access), so whenever there is a issue with voice or security, i have to start the troubleshooting while the experts take the time to look at the issue.

Lately Voice has a lot of pressure, this havent gone well at all, voice i dont understand one bit, on the other hand security... the leader on security is a nice guy, he know theory like if he was a book, but he has no CCSP or CCIE, he know the technology but gets confussed on the commands and all, so i have to pitch in little i know about security, just because i have my CCNA S, so that is why i was kinda going towards the CCSP Track.

Anyway, havent decide it yet, but thanks a lot for you opinion, means a lot to me