Passed: 860 and done for the year

abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
I passed with an 860.

I must say this test was more difficult than I thought, took the whole 90 min and ran into a problem with the testing software.

There were a lot of definitions to know and for some of the questions you had to know the exact "textbook" definition, there was also a lot of items that I focused my study on were not included in the test.

Some questions dealt with what type of encryption algorithm was created when.

There were a few questions on business continuity.

I'd say there were a good 25% of the questions that I wasn't 100% sure on.

The problem I had with software was the calculator didn't work for the only math question. The employee at the testing facility, said I should contact CompTia regarding that.

Study materials used:
Sybex Book, All-in-one book, Cram Book and questions.
Shon Harris CISSP videos, yes, CISSP

The main thing is the questions that came with the books were for the most part not similar with what was on the exam, the best advice I can give is to spend as much time, or more, on definitions (IE flashcards) as you do on the practice questions.

I'm done for the year, and plan to start next year with either the CISSP or CCNA (probably the CCNA)

Comments

• apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    Congrats! You earned it! icon_thumright.gif
    Usus magister est optimus
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats.. Go ahead and take the next 3 weeks off.
  • stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats:)
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    abefroman wrote: »
    I passed with an 860.

I must say this test was more difficult than I thought, took the whole 90 min and ran into a problem with the testing software.

There were a lot of definitions to know and for some of the questions you had to know the exact "textbook" definition, there was also a lot of items that I focused my study on were not included in the test.

Some questions dealt with what type of encryption algorithm was created when.

There were a few questions on business continuity.

I'd say there were a good 25% of the questions that I wasn't 100% sure on.

The problem I had with software was the calculator didn't work for the only math question. The employee at the testing facility, said I should contact CompTia regarding that.

Study materials used:
    Sybex Book, All-in-one book, Cram Book and questions.
    Shon Harris CISSP videos, yes, CISSP

The main thing is the questions that came with the books were for the most part not similar with what was on the exam, the best advice I can give is to spend as much time, or more, on definitions (IE flashcards) as you do on the practice questions.

I'm done for the year, and plan to start next year with either the CISSP or CCNA (probably the CCNA)

Great job man. Would you say this test was harder than Network+?
  • abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    knwminus wrote: »
    Great job man. Would you say this test was harder than Network+?

I'd say it was way harder. For the Network+ I breezed through it, and didn't review any questions at the end of the test.
    I'd say it was way harder. For the Network+ I breezed through it, and didn't review any questions at the end of the test.

Ok. I was just wondering since that was the last comptia test I studied for.

Thanks
    knwminus wrote: »
    Ok. I was just wondering since that was the last comptia test I studied for.

Thanks

On one other note, it looks like the scoring is "curved", on the report afterwards it said I missed questions in 8 areas, which would mean (if the were all equally weighted) at best a 92% and I actually ended up with a 95-96%
    On one other note, it looks like the scoring is "curved", on the report afterwards it said I missed questions in 8 areas, which would mean (if the were all equally weighted) at best a 92% and I actually ended up with a 95-96%

Gotcha. I am glad to see so many people are passing on this test.
    Did you take it as a prep for the SSCP or CISSP?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□

Some questions are considered developmental and aren't scored.

Congratulations on the pass!
    dynamik wrote: »
    Some questions are considered developmental and aren't scored.

It would have been nice to know that ahead of time.
  • GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Man! Seems like You had the same findings that I had, in regards to the questions that were on the test.
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)