Options

Anything new for the IPS exam?

mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
I took the last two months to get prepared for the SNRS, and managed to squeek through yesterday. Had a couple tricky drag-n-drops that threw me for a loop, but a pass is a pass.

I've read through the CCSP FAQ, and noted nothing particularly relevant to the new 533 exam. Nothing in the book store at Cisco, or at Amazon.

Those of you who have passed this puppy... what did you use? Nothing but whitepapers? or older material?

Preciate any insights.
Mike
There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.

Comments

• Options
    brocbroc Member Posts: 167
    mikearama wrote: »
    I took the last two months to get prepared for the SNRS, and managed to squeek through yesterday. Had a couple tricky drag-n-drops that threw me for a loop, but a pass is a pass.

I've read through the CCSP FAQ, and noted nothing particularly relevant to the new 533 exam. Nothing in the book store at Cisco, or at Amazon.

Those of you who have passed this puppy... what did you use? Nothing but whitepapers? or older material?

Preciate any insights.
    Mike

I passed it last Tuesday and used primarily the IPS Exam Certification guide, old I know but the blueprints haven't changed much so that's fine for the exam. It's not an easy read (boring...) but it does cover everything you need to know. Have a look at cisco.com for more recent material (like virtual sensors, improved smb signature engine, ...).

Oh and the exam use the old IDM not the more recent IME which is a pain. I know I failed some silly questions asking you where to click, etc (can't go into much details because of the NDA) which I would have known on the IME...

Still, I passed with a good score and found the exam "quite" easy compared to the ASA exams and SNRS.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”
  • Options
    It's not currently available to buy from ciscopress or safari... amazon has a couple copies, but for $180 to $200.

Guess I'll try to land a soft copy.

Thanks for the help.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

• Options
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”
  • Options
    broc wrote: »
    It's on Safari:

You forgot to include your username and password!! hehe

• Options
    I hesitated being in a public forum and all... ;)