DF algorithm, after exchanged public key, why need send shared-secret over to other s

poguypoguy Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
DF algorithm, after exchanged public key, why do we need to send shared-secret over to other side,
I'm confused because DF would generate the shared-secret key using two public key, therefore it doesn't need to send it over, isn't it?

thank you for viewing, I have test in 2 hours ;)

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Because symmetric key encryption is significantly faster than asymmetric. Asymmetric is typically used with small amounts of data, such as the symmetric key.

Good luck with your exam.
  • poguypoguy Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Because symmetric key encryption is significantly faster than asymmetric. Asymmetric is typically used with small amounts of data, such as the symmetric key.

Good luck with your exam.

thx for the reply , my question is ambiguious , I mean I understand that they use sysmetric key for transfer but according to algorithm, they don't have to transfer the sysmetic key over because the DF can calculate the sysmetric key by using two public key (one for me and one for you) without sending the sysmetric key over, isn't it???

THank you for helping.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Dude, I am not awake yet. It's not an asymmetric algorithm at all; I don't know what I was thinking. Yes, it's used to establish a shared secret. It's a flexible method of exchanging keys, so it's used with many other algorithms, which is the key that it's sending over. You're correct that it doesn't need to send the key over that's calculated since both parties are able to derive it from the calculations.
  • poguypoguy Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    poguy wrote: »
    thx for the reply , my question is ambiguious , I mean I understand that they use sysmetric key for transfer but according to algorithm, they don't have to transfer the sysmetic key over because the DF can calculate the sysmetric key by using two public key (one for me and one for you) without sending the sysmetric key over, isn't it???

THank you for helping.

thx, dynamik, I think that's use for peer identify...
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    poguy wrote: »
    DF algorithm, after exchanged public key, why do we need to send shared-secret over to other side,
    I'm confused because DF would generate the shared-secret key using two public key, therefore it doesn't need to send it over, isn't it?

thank you for viewing, I have test in 2 hours ;)

How did you do?