How come I don't see GIAC forum?

poguypoguy Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
How come I don't see GIAC forum?
I'm interested in GIAC program, is it good?
seem like some ppl here has their cert.
but its so expensive, isn't it? why would some ppl get their cert?? I mean what infomation I missed that it worth that much?

Thank you very much

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Most likely because it is hard to pass any of their exams without going to the certification classes. As I understand it their exams are not available at test centers (someone can correct me if I am wrong.)
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What they charge is in-line with other courses. You can study the same material from other sources; they just don't put out anything besides the official courseware.

They just aren't discussed enough to create a separate forum for them.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Over at www.cccure.org there is a GCFW forum, but none for the other GIAC certs. And I've never found any discussion forums at www.sans.org.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Oh, if you're looking off-site, EH has them: The Ethical Hacker Network - EH-Net - Index
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    They are highly worth it. I recently completed the GCFW via the self-study material and I learned quite a lot. The books are extremely valuable and I will use them professionally for years to come. As Dynamik said, the default security forum on here is sort of the GIAC board. There just isn't enough GIAC activity to warrant its own message board.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/