LINUX+,or ICDN2 ?

md_rezkmd_rezk Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
dear members...

my background is electrical engineering specialized in Telecom (Masters). I have started to be interested in certifications close to my field, espicially tools and common things with my spec. I have passed ccent, my next step would be either CCNA 2nd exam or linux+, i am interested in linux as it is an important tool in Telecom. I do not know about linux, i have got ccent and quite familiar with networks and IP, do u advise to continue for ccna as it won't take long, what about linux+, how much could it take for one with no knowledge in unix-linux?

Comments

• RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    If you have already passed your ICND1, I would recommend finishing up with ICND2 and getting your CCNA while it is fresh on the brain.
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I concur. Carry your momentum into ICND2. If you take a few months off without touching it, it will feel like starting over. I could have done ICND2 a couple of months after ICND1, but I put it off for a bit and didn't get around to it for over a year later. Just git'r done ;)
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Agreed. Cisco recommends that users wait the three years between CCENT and CCNA, but that is quite unrealistic.

Complete your CCNA and then you have three years to prepare for Linux+ :)
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm going to agree with the others and say finishing up your CCNA is the best option. After that, go for the Linux+.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • md_rezkmd_rezk Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys for your replies...
    ok, about linux+, after CCNA, how hard is it for a guy with no previous knowledge of linux?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It'll just take you a bit more to get up to speed. It's entirely doable.
  • eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    md_rezk wrote: »
    thanks guys for your replies...
    ok, about linux+, after CCNA, how hard is it for a guy with no previous knowledge of linux?

if you are curious and you like it, its not that hard. why dont do both of them???
    "Almost..... is as good as Nothing"