Linux+ 2009 Beta Scores

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
I got a letter from Prometric today. I scored 40 points above the minimum... Skin of my teeth.

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Awesome, congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • UnixGeekUnixGeek Member Posts: 151
    Congrats, Robert! I received my pass letter today as well.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No letter here, yet. I did get an email today from CompTIA asking to confirm my mailing address for certificate fulfillment, and Linux+ 2009 is showing up on my CompTIA history, so I guess I really did pass!
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • disidisi Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    fraud email ?!?
    Dear XXX,

To ensure you receive your certificate with the correct spelling of your name, please confirm your name and address. The name and mailing address we have on record is:

XXX
    165 Someroad
    somepostcode

sometown,
    United Kingdom

Before your fulfillment will be delivered, you must login to the system and confirm your name and your mailing address. If the name is incorrect, you will need to contact Customer Service to correct it at 630-678-8300 option 5 or questions@comptia.org.

Please log in with your current ID (someID) here: https://www.certmetrics.com/comptia

Best regards,
    CompTIA Customer Support
    I mean what kind of domain is that? "www . certmetrics . com" I never had anything to do with them. The CertID doesn't mean anything to me either and I would not know the password...
    They got the Name and the address right, though.

Did anyone else get this email?

If I try to go to their www host I get this:
    The destination you are attempting to reach is inaccessible via this URL.
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    No letter nor e-mail yet from CompTIA or VUE. XD
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
    I forwarded it to an email address I have from former correspondence with comptia. Let's see what they say :)
    That email is authentic...

I can even see the result now:
    XK0-003 Linux+ (2009 Edition) somecode Pass 20090722 2009-Jul-22 somecode Never

I didn't know that the exam never expires O.o

//edit: if others have the problem, you have to generate a password first. On the page choose "Or" and put in your email address. This will send you an email with a link where you can set a password etc.
    disi wrote: »
    That email is authentic...

I can even see the result now:
    XK0-003 Linux+ (2009 Edition) somecode Pass 20090722 2009-Jul-22 somecode Never

I didn't know that the exam never expires O.o

//edit: if others have the problem, you have to generate a password first. On the page choose "Or" and put in your email address. This will send you an email with a link where you can set a password etc.
    Congrats! Yup, CompTIA exams never expire.
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Met44Met44 Member Posts: 194
    I received my pass letter today as well.

Read this and hopped up to check the mail, and I had a letter waiting there as well hehe. A decent pass considering that there were no explicit study materials.
    CompTIA has confirmed certification for me under Linux+. :)
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Come on guys... I told you all I took a 790... You gotta share what you got. Mine was terrible, so yours cannot be any worse.
    Come on guys... I told you all I took a 790... You gotta share what you got. Mine was terrible, so yours cannot be any worse.

I would tell you... I just have yet to receive the actual letter from VUE. 790?! What's the pass mark?
  • joecontrerasjoecontreras Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    matradley wrote: »
    I would tell you... I just have yet to receive the actual letter from VUE. 790?! What's the pass mark?
    According to his first post he passed by 40 points so I would guess a 750, which is a little higher than previous pass marks I think. I haven't received the scores on either of mine yet just a pass and fail.
    According to his first post he passed by 40 points so I would guess a 750, which is a little higher than previous pass marks I think. I haven't received the scores on either of mine yet just a pass and fail.

That's a fairly high pass mark. That is almost similar to what the pass mark for Security+.
    Hey you passed, that's what counts! My letter came today, score is 855. IIRC that's about the same as what I got on Linux+ 2004 when I took it in 2005.
    MentholMoose
    Hey you passed, that's what counts! My letter came today, score is 855. IIRC that's about the same as what I got on Linux+ 2004 when I took it in 2005.

Talk about high requirements for the L+. Congrats - you were nearly perfect. :)

I cannot find this information on prometric or comptia icon_sad.gif Maybe when I get the letter...
    disi wrote: »
    I cannot find this information on prometric or comptia icon_sad.gif Maybe when I get the letter...

The score is usually on the letter. :)
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I didn't pass unfortunately.......... I took the test on a whim hoping to somehow pass. I'm going to buy the official study guide and try again sometime next year. Congrats to all those who passed.
  • joecontrerasjoecontreras Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Received my letter in the mail today and the passing score is a whopping 750. I scored a 653.
    you gotta share what you got

Met44 wrote: »
    Nice! What study material did you use?
    MentholMoose
  • UnixGeekUnixGeek Member Posts: 151

865 here, but you know what? A pass is a pass. There's nothing terrible about it, aside from how I did on the CUPS questions. :)
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    UnixGeek wrote: »
    865 here, but you know what? A pass is a pass. There's nothing terrible about it, aside from how I did on the CUPS questions. :)

Well, I agree. But I would like to think that I know the material better than that. But Linux is really one of those things that I enjoy but really only use as a tool. So I only know what I need to. But even so, I will eventually need to get some more knowledge down on Unix like OSes. This was a pretty good benchmark to help me realize I don't know as much as I thought I did.
    What study material did you use?

I recall browsing the objectives (I think the 2009 objectives were published?), but I didn't actually have time to study for it -- I think I was in with the last batch of people to receive an invite. I was wrapped up with being out of town for work, and class had just started up. Amid all that I wasn't in the mood to study hehe, just wanted to see what the exam was like. I apparently touched on enough of the exam topics through work and recreational use to get through with a decent score. There were some questions I had no idea about, like pointed questions about configuration file directives for particular programs that I have never had the need to use.

The e-mail that was sent to me made it seem like they were trying to instill a sense of urgency in prospective test-takers (something about only a certain number of people would get to take it). So, of course, I scheduled it right away. I figured most people would be doing this and wouldn't have time to properly study for the exam. It turns out I think any potential study time for me would have been wasted, when it comes to the score -- most of the stuff I think I missed I would not have thought to memorize for use limited to just this exam in my foreseeable future.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Oh good my Linux+ scores came in. Pass! Pulled an 815. Not quite as good as the Server+ but I believe that's the exact same score that I did for the Security+ way back when.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    undomiel wrote: »
    Oh good my Linux+ scores came in. Pass! Pulled an 815. Not quite as good as the Server+ but I believe that's the exact same score that I did for the Security+ way back when.

Awesome work. I hope VUE sends me my grades soon.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Woohoo scraped by with a 750...not bad for only 2 hours of study!
    Met44 wrote: »
    I recall browsing the objectives (I think the 2009 objectives were published?), but I didn't actually have time to study for it -- I think I was in with the last batch of people to receive an invite. I was wrapped up with being out of town for work, and class had just started up. Amid all that I wasn't in the mood to study hehe, just wanted to see what the exam was like. I apparently touched on enough of the exam topics through work and recreational use to get through with a decent score. There were some questions I had no idea about, like pointed questions about configuration file directives for particular programs that I have never had the need to use.

The e-mail that was sent to me made it seem like they were trying to instill a sense of urgency in prospective test-takers (something about only a certain number of people would get to take it). So, of course, I scheduled it right away. I figured most people would be doing this and wouldn't have time to properly study for the exam. It turns out I think any potential study time for me would have been wasted, when it comes to the score -- most of the stuff I think I missed I would not have thought to memorize for use limited to just this exam in my foreseeable future.
    I also scheduled it immediately after receiving the voucher, so I actually took the exam in April!! I didn't study at all... this is the first exam I've taken cold. I passed Linux+ in 2005, and at that time I used the Sybex book.
    MentholMoose
    I achieved a score of 790. A pass is a pass! :)