VSP and VTSP

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hi Guys,

maybe someone from you guys have a clue.
I signed up for Partner Central as individual and assigned "myself" to my company.
We have now one VSP and VCP listed (VCP being me). Now I am trying now to get the VSP and VTSP as well but I cannot find anywhere the option to actually sign up for the course.

When I log in using our company's login (well the owner's login) I can add those courses but wouldn't that mean the accreditation goes to the owner of that login, hence the owner of the company ?

I cannot find anywhere a way to sign up for this course myself so I am a bit puzzled here :)

I did send an email to partneruniversity but no response in a while and I am trying to get this done asap :)

Oh and unfortunately our VSP is on holiday so I cannot ask him either :)
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You'll need to create yourself a new user account associated with the company and sign into Partner Central, then you can add courses, etc from Partner University.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    astorrs wrote: »
    You'll need to create yourself a new user account associated with the company and sign into Partner Central, then you can add courses, etc from Partner University.

Like I said in my first post, I did that. I went to

http://vmware.force.com/PartnerForms/self_reg_search

Searched for my company, put it in my details and job done. You don't specify a password, just your details so you won't be able to sign in just because you associated yourself ...

Weird ..

Edit: well, seems like they have fixed the login issue, now the University page bombs out .. ah well ...
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Okay let me step you through what I do:
    1. Sign in to Partner Central (VMware Partner Central Sign-In)
    2. Click on the Partner University tab
    3. Hover over the Learning Path tab and click Sales
    4. Under Core Accreditation/Certification, click the Add VSP Plan button
    5. Repeat steps 3-4 but this time select Technical Pre-Sales and click the Add VTSP Plan button
    6. Hover over the myEducation tab and click myTasks
    7. You should see both the VSP and VTSP plans present in the list, click Manage Plan beside the one you want to begin
    8. Work through each of the sections in the plan and associated module tests and once you've completed everything in the plan the appropriate cert will be added to your profile (and your companies) automatically within a couple days
    Hope that helps and if it doesn't work for you let me know where it bombs out, maybe we can figure out what's going on. :)
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    astorrs wrote: »
    Okay let me step you through what I do:
    1. Sign in to Partner Central (VMware Partner Central Sign-In)
    2. Click on the Partner University tab
    3. Hover over the Learning Path tab and click Sales
    4. Under Core Accreditation/Certification, click the Add VSP Plan button
    5. Repeat steps 3-4 but this time select Technical Pre-Sales and click the Add VTSP Plan button
    6. Hover over the myEducation tab and click myTasks
    7. You should see both the VSP and VTSP plans present in the list, click Manage Plan beside the one you want to begin
    8. Work through each of the sections in the plan and associated module tests and once you've completed everything in the plan the appropriate cert will be added to your profile (and your companies) automatically within a couple days
    Hope that helps and if it doesn't work for you let me know where it bombs out, maybe we can figure out what's going on. :)

Already figured it out .. First problem was that my login didn't work (including the .vmw), which was fixed .. then what I meant with bomb out is that as soon as I clicked any link other that logout it gave a "cancelled" error ... I see they have some maintenance, maybe that was the issue ..

But now I signed up for both, so should be alright now :)