First CCIE R&S v4 pass?

nullrouternullrouter Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys - some of you may have already seen this but INE are claiming one of their students finally cracked the CCIE R&S v4 lab

INE Self-Paced Student Passes Version 4 R&S - CCIE Blog
CCIE R&S All Done :D

Web Blog of sorts:
http://blog.nullrouter.com

Comments

• GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    First student using 'self-paced' materials, according to them. no ones to say theres not other people passing that just didn't tell them (maybe since they were not paying customers lol)
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Only a matter of time before people clear the new version. I predict 300 passers by year end 2010. There has been far too much whining about the new version IMO.
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    good to see, this is a great confidence booster. v4 is going down :]
  • SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    That's awesome, I will hopefully be one of those 300 Turgon.
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've always wondered what the big deal behind paying much attention about if people are passing a new exam format. I'm not at all near CCIE level and still have yet to know if my career path is going to take me down that road, but I never understood why someone would care if people are passing or not. It doesn't change the exam blueprint, it doesn't make it easier, I suppose the thing it may do is give a slight bit of a boost to ones own thought about if they feel they will be successful or not.

Seems to me that getting caught up into the game of looking at the people passing any exam regardless of the difficulty is an easy way to not only wasting valuable time to study but more importantly possibly sub-consciously making you a bit more comfortable with your abilities that could possibly lead you to end up less prepared (thinking these people are passing so I MUST be ready!) when you finally get ready to sit it.
  • SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    I see it as watching old fights of your opponent (I fight MMA, Brazilian Jui-Juitsu). If no one has ever beaten your opponent, it's that much harder to come up with a plan, a strategy. If someone has bested that person, it's exposed a weakness, a possible path to victory. For me, if someone has passed using the INE material, but not another piece of material I am looking into, then I have to take that into account. It will definitely go towards picking which materials I spend thousands of dollars on. It helps to strategize.
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I've always wondered what the big deal behind paying much attention about if people are passing a new exam format.

It's mostly reassurance about the material for potential future customers. Sometime after next years midpoint, I'll have to decide which vendor I'm going to drop a couple grand with for their prep material. If no one's successfully completed the lab exam with that vendors material, I'm not likely to purchase their product. So I don't blame INE for mentioning it, it's something I've been keeping an eye out for. I expect that soon enough, IPExpert will be making a similar announcement.