VMWARE ESX/Infrastructure

Hello everyone, I have registered and was able to install ESXi 3.5 on a 32-bit platform, but currently having issue on how to obtain the infrastructure client, to manage the ESX.

I am new to vmware, and not sure if I am doing this correctly.

Comments

• HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Connect to the ESX host with your web browser. You download it from your ESX server.
    Good luck to all!
  • BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    Yes that works, I wonder why I can't ping the server, apparently one of my 2950 switch was off icon_redface.gif

Although it looks like the client is not compatible with Windows 7 64-bit, I guess that's what the vsphere/esx 4.0 is for.
  • cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    Yes that works, I wonder why I can't ping the server, apparently one of my 2950 switch was off icon_redface.gif

Although it looks like the client is not compatible with Windows 7 64-bit, I guess that's what the vsphere/esx 4.0 is for.

Works fine on my Win7 X64 machine.....
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre
    cablegod wrote: »
    Works fine on my Win7 X64 machine.....

I attempted to run it on compatibility mode and it's a no go, I'm using ESX 3.5, does anyone knows what scsi drivers Windows XP needs, ESX and Storage is currently installed on an HP Proliant DL 360 G3, using the old SCSI HD on a raid 5.

I download this file vmscsi-1.2.0.4.flp, and mounted it off the floppy but it didn't worked, Win XP setup still throws off a cannot find the hard-drive.

Thanks!
    The link below is the closest I have found so far, but it's not working.

Installing Windows XP in Vmware ESX - "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer." | TechHead.co.uk

Anyway I decided to use Ubuntu for my clients, just for ACL testing.
    The link below is the closest I have found so far, but it's not working.

Installing Windows XP in Vmware ESX - "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer." | TechHead.co.uk

Anyway I decided to use Ubuntu for my clients, just for ACL testing.

It's working now, just had to try another driver.