Options

Any suggestions for a lab guide?

hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
Well I took it up as a part of studying to create a lab guide that would be useful to do at the end when you want to recreate a whole lab and help prepare for test. Right now I have a rack of J-Series and I try most of my solutions over there. So keeping that in mind I do have limitation on the interfaces I can work with. But I do understand that interface configurations isn't that much of a deal. For now I have got two full labs already written and I am preparing the solutions for them but maybe by next week I will just post the questions so that it helps people to work it out themselves. It's actually bits and pieces from everywhere.. Harry's book, my older CCIE workbooks and my own imagination. So all credits to the previous authors for the wonderful books that they prepared..

I would really like to hear suggestions before I post it out for the group.

-Hoogen

P.S: This is for JNCIP... I am preparing my JNCIE and will try to do my best to do my goal of reaching 5 labs..
IS-IS Sleeps.
BGP peers are quiet.
Something must be wrong.

Comments

• Options
    seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    hoogen82 wrote: »
    Well I took it up as a part of studying to create a lab guide that would be useful to do at the end when you want to recreate a whole lab and help prepare for test. Right now I have a rack of J-Series and I try most of my solutions over there. So keeping that in mind I do have limitation on the interfaces I can work with. But I do understand that interface configurations isn't that much of a deal. For now I have got two full labs already written and I am preparing the solutions for them but maybe by next week I will just post the questions so that it helps people to work it out themselves. It's actually bits and pieces from everywhere.. Harry's book, my older CCIE workbooks and my own imagination. So all credits to the previous authors for the wonderful books that they prepared..

-Hoogen

P.S: This is for JNCIP... I am preparing my JNCIE and will try to do my best to do my goal of reaching 5 labs..

That's very generous. Thank you, Hoogen!!!
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • Options
    seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    hoogen82 wrote: »

-Hoogen

How about individually focused protocol labs with a super lab at the end? Being able to work through different aspects of individual protocols, and then having a lab to test that knowledge would be helpful, IMO.
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • Options
    hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    Well I will look at that... Thank you for your suggestions seraphus..

Right now I am just writing down questions with a topology in mind. Trying to fill out every option that could be used in the lab. The tough part is wording them right so that they induce the person to think about various aspects of a solution he may choose to deploy.
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.