Options

Utilities detecting hardware failure.

dhareal_12dhareal_12 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have encountered problem in PCs, the PC is always shutting off and restarting. the pc work well during bootup and POST no failure signs, but when the computer is running for a period of time, computer will shutoff instantly.. all peripherals are good and new.

What do you think guys, i must do to fix this trouble?
do i have to replace the motherboard? plss help me...

if you have known utilities that could best detect hardware failure..
please send me..

Comments

• Options
    Firegirl1508Firegirl1508 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What kind of power supply does the computer have? If you have a lot of peripherals etc to power then maybe the power supply is struggling to power it - hence the shut offs.
  • Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Once again, I agree with Firegirl.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Ditto, I would try to swap out the power supply, and see if that makes a difference. As far as testing, you could use a multi-meter to see if that power supply is giving the proper voltage.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    dhareal_12 wrote:
    I have encountered problem in PCs, the PC is always shutting off and restarting. the pc work well during bootup and POST no failure signs, but when the computer is running for a period of time, computer will shutoff instantly.. all peripherals are good and new.

What do you think guys, i must do to fix this trouble?
    do i have to replace the motherboard? plss help me...

if you have known utilities that could best detect hardware failure..
    please send me..

Everyone commented about the PS and I couldn't agree more.

What type of hardware are you running? If you are using the New Intel 915/925 chipset mobo and a PCI-Express video, you may not have a large enough PS to run this.

The 915/925 requires a 300W PS w/ 16-18A on the +12. However, if you add a Graphics Card into the mix, many of the GC manufacturers are recommending no less than a 350W PS.

If you haven't changed out the PS yet, please provide the type of hardware. It is likely you'll need a PS with at least an 18A.

Also, are you currently using a UPS or Surge protector? Or are you plugged directly into the wall?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    4SG4SG Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I also agree with the PS theory

Some other things to look at:
    Make sure all fans are working properly
    Check Event Viewer for any odd entries
    See if it shuts down in Safemode
    Check your power settings

You mentioned “shutting off and restarting” If you’re using XP, uncheck the automatically restart box. This should bring up an error screen instead of restarting. Write down the error (whole thing) and do a search for it at MS. On the other hand it could just produce a generic error message that basically doesn’t help.
  • Options
    dhareal_12dhareal_12 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank u verymuch to all you guys..