Options

A+ hardware Exam

guessguess Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just took the test and failed it. Scored 508 out of 515.
In any case, Is it the same standard test with same questions everytime you take it? Is it the same across the whole year?
That way if i know what questions i had problems with, i could prepare for them, and retake the test and do better.
Does anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Sorry about the fail.

The objectives on the test will stay the same until they upgrade the exam (usually they give plenty of notice prior to doing so).

How did you prepare for you test this time, or did you just try to see what you knew from job experience?

I'll provide you with some suggested reading material if you'll let me know what you already looked at. Perhaps revisit the test help http://www.techexams.net/comptia.shtml as that information appears to be very good.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    guessguess Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i know the objectives stay the same. im asking if the questions remain the same? that is most important.
    thx.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    If you studied all the exam objectives, you probably noticed that you didn't get questioned on all of them. The questions you get on your exam is just a selection of a large pool of questions. It is very unlikely you will get the same set of questions, though you'll most probably see some questions from your previous attempt. In other words, focus on the exam objectives, the topics, not exam questions.
    That way if i know what questions i had problems with, i could prepare for them, and retake the test and do better.
    If you know what topics you had problems with you should focus on those regardless of whether you will get questioned on them.