Microsoft Certified Master ...

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Not that I am planning on this cert inside the next two years or anything. But I was curious if there is an official or even unofficial reading list for the Microsoft Certified Master on Active Directory or Exchange.

So far no luck with google.
-Daniel

Comments

• Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Everytime I look at that page I get pissed that they dont allow MCITP EA to be one of the prereqs for MCM Exchange or OCS.

Especially the 2010 MCM...ya know...since Exchange 2010 has to be on Server 2008.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Everytime I look at that page I get pissed that they dont allow MCITP EA to be one of the prereqs for MCM Exchange or OCS.

Especially the 2010 MCM...ya know...since Exchange 2010 has to be on Server 2008.

They require MCSE or 70-640 as a pre-req. for both the Exchange 2007 and 2010 MCM's.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    They require MCSE or 70-640 as a pre-req. for both the Exchange 2007 and 2010 MCM's.

Oh i didnt see 640.

That still makes very little sense. Thats sending the message that the MCSE is only as good as one MCTS. icon_confused.gif:
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Here is a link to the pre-reading list for the Exchange 2007 MCM:
    http://www.dynamicevents.com/MCM/MCM_Exchange2007_Pre-reading_v2.pdf

However, there are no more 2007 rotations - only 2010.
    The Master Blog : 17 Frowns and a Box of Donuts

Haven't seen an updated reading list for 2010 yet. The new program won't start until March so it may be a couple of months before they publish the list.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Oh i didnt see 640.

That still makes very little sense. Thats sending the message that the MCSE is only as good as one MCTS. icon_confused.gif:

Well, considering the 10 years of experience requirement, I don't see it as a big deal. They require legit, long term, real world exposure, and familiarity with the Microsoft certification framework.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...