Citrix Client and Security

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
Good People of TE,
We have a Citrix server here at work and I have very little experience with Citrix. It runs our ERP, Office Aps, and our DMS for remote users and people who might be working from home.

Last night I was working with a user who was having issues printing to the printer attached to the client PC. Issue solved; but as we were working I noticed the user was able to browse the entird C-drive of the server.

Well, that's just f'ing great. So my question is: "What are the minumum security requirements that a Citrix server should be held to?"

Thanks!

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't work with Citrix very much either. I do know that our Citrix servers, at least some of them, were secured from such things as browsing local drives by some group policies that I had configured to hide drives and disable Windows Explorer and things like that.

I wouldn't really mess with the actual NTFS permissions on the drive though.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...