CompTIA CTT+

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Does anyone have the CTT+ certification? I am seriously considering going after it when I finish my Bachelor degree. Long term I would I like to get into teaching IT courses. In my research I have found that the CTT+ is the foundation for getting the MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainer), and the CWNT (Certified Wireless Trainer) if you have zero teaching experience in IT.

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I do. I think there is one other on here as well. Dynamik has 1/2 of it I believe.

I attempted to arrange a TE class for it last summer, but there wasn't enough interest.

I'll throw the offer out again...we'd need about 5 people in any city to run one. It would take 2 days and attendees would leave with a submission ready CTT+ video. The video is the toughest part of this cert.

MS
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My problem is that I don't have the time/money to fly to TX. Maybe you should make a DVD/Book on taking the CTT+ icon_wink.gif
    My problem is that I don't have the time/money to fly to TX. Maybe you should make a DVD/Book on taking the CTT+ icon_wink.gif

Well, the written test is easy...you don't need a book for that one.

The trick with the video portion is that you need someone who knows what CompTIA is looking for to film it.

I have no problem running one in pretty much any city, I would just need to have 5 people committed to make it happen.

MS
    eMeS wrote: »
    Well, the written test is easy...you don't need a book for that one.

The trick with the video portion is that you need someone who knows what CompTIA is looking for to film it.

I have no problem running one in pretty much any city, I would just need to have 5 people committed to make it happen.

MS

If its within a state next to SC I would be more than willing to go there. Maybe Atlanta?
    If its within a state next to SC I would be more than willing to go there. Maybe Atlanta?

Sure, now we just need ~4 more peeps interested....usually it's possible to get 2 or 3, but the demand for CTT+ is so low and almost everyone is coming to these out of pocket that it really never materializes.

BTW, if you want to be an MCT (which you don't need to be to do Microsoft training, I digress), then all you really need to do is attend a Train the Trainer class. Should be about the same expense at CTT+ without having to do a test, a video and then wait ~6 weeks for CompTIA to grade it....

MS
    eMeS wrote: »
    Sure, now we just need ~4 more peeps interested....usually it's possible to get 2 or 3, but the demand for CTT+ is so low and almost everyone is coming to these out of pocket that it really never materializes.

BTW, if you want to be an MCT (which you don't need to be to do Microsoft training, I digress), then all you really need to do is attend a Train the Trainer class. Should be about the same expense at CTT+ without having to do a test, a video and then wait ~6 weeks for CompTIA to grade it....

MS

Do you know where those are taught at? I am just looking for something to put on resume to attract the attention of a place like New Horizons, or another training organization.
    Do you know where those are taught at? I am just looking for something to put on resume to attract the attention of a place like New Horizons, or another training organization.

This is the only one I'd recommend:

Train The Trainer Workshops from PrepMasters Corp.

I'd also recommend aiming higher than New Horizons.

MS
    Thanks for the link icon_thumright.gif
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I recall from my conversations with Dynamik that the CTT+ is not required for the MCT. It's just one way of going about it.