Options

MCSE 2003 or 2008?

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
I may go for MCSE and was wondering whether I should pursue Windows 2003 or 2008?

Has Windows 2008 started to replace Win2k3 in the IT sector?

Comments

• Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well i dont think Win 2008 is on the top yet coz still if u could do a job search u find job posting with MCSE as a requirement rather than MCITP..

so i am planning to take my MCSE then upgrade to MCITP's

Tats my take on it............

Good Luck
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    ElvisGElvisG Member Posts: 167
    Do the MCSE path then upgrade to MCITP is the best choice.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I spent this last Monday troubleshooting a NT4 server with SQL6.x on it. Soo.. 2003 and 200R2 will be here for a long time.

Now if your background isn't that strong, you might want to consider MCSA >> MCITP: Server admin 2008. Get your grounding in both 2003 and 2008.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    binarysoul wrote: »
    I may go for MCSE and was wondering whether I should pursue Windows 2003 or 2008?

Has Windows 2008 started to replace Win2k3 in the IT sector?

1. What do you use where you work now?
    2. Are there plans to upgrade at your current job?
    3. Are you planning on getting a new job?
    3.a If so, do you know what is in the most demand in your area?
    3.b If not, why are you attaining a certification? Is it for training and knowledge or to make yourself marketable in the future?

I personally believe that getting the full MCSE might be a bit late in the game right now. Maybe MCSA=> MCITP: SA=> MCITP: EA Might be the best track to follow. But before we can really give you REAL advice we need to know why you want to get certified in the first place and what your current job role is.