Options

PC video screen capture

aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
What is the best software for capturing video gaming from you PC into an avi or other video format that can then be edited?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NawNp5N4GNo

I was looking for this kind of quality, just tried CamStudio which doesn't seems to produce this kind of quality.

Cheers guys
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    assuming youre on a windows platform, look into Fraps

just be forewarned you need ALOT of disk space

edit: to be a little more informative - Fraps captures to it's own proprietary codec, which it also installs, so most of your standard windows products will be able to view the video. But it eats up alot of disk space, something on the order of a gig a minute.

I used it to record WoW videos back when I was playing, which I was then able to import into Sony Vegas and edit without issue. I can't speak for any other video editing software, as I've never used it.
  • Options
    aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
    assuming youre on a windows platform, look into Fraps

just be forewarned you need ALOT of disk space

edit: to be a little more informative - Fraps captures to it's own proprietary codec, which it also installs, so most of your standard windows products will be able to view the video. But it eats up alot of disk space, something on the order of a gig a minute.

I used it to record WoW videos back when I was playing, which I was then able to import into Sony Vegas and edit without issue. I can't speak for any other video editing software, as I've never used it.

thanks man this software looks real good for what I want, cheers
    What's another word for Thesaurus?
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    +1 for FRAPS. You'll need a powerful PC and lots of disk space though.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    ...and lots of disk space though.
    Right, but only for the initial screen capture. After that, you can re-encode to a more space efficient video codec.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV