Music

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
After the work is done, and you are done reading (or for some of you writing) your books, what do the good people of TE listen to (as far as music)? Who are some of your favorite artist?

Me I like most all types of music (anything but country). I have many artist I like but I have a soft spot for System of a Down because Steal This AlBUlM and Toxicity introduced me to Metal and Rock as a whole.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    knwminus wrote: »
    what do the good people of TE listen to (as far as music)?
    Why did you have to limit it to music -- I love the Scott Morris CCIE Audio Bootcamps and the old INE CCIE Audios by "The Brians."

But for a "musical break" I support one of TechExams finest
    Check out "Here to help" on Nerdcore, Hacker Music, Hacker Culture - Dual Core

BTW thats me on the track.
    The Hollow and Life's Work are also favorites (along with Here to help) from that album. :D

I'll also set the ripped Scrubs Soundtracks (minus some of the "silly stuff") to random play -- or let Pandora mix "my music" on my Roku. Otherwise I have a couple of "mix memory cards/sticks" I'll play on my laptop when I need a musical break.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I like alot of different types of music but when I'm studying, I like to listen to Rap, Hardstyle, Alternative Rock, and maybe some DnB.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I listen to a pretty wide range. In the car's 4 disk changer, I have the new prodigy CD, a billy talent mix, the new Kid Cudi CD, and Daft punk's homework.

When at home/on the computer/studying/labbing, its usually the Electro House channel on DI.FM.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    My musical tastes are somewhat eclectic. If y'all could see my iTunes library, you'd probably be like 'wtf?'. I can go from listening to Pantera to Bach to the Imperial March to Avril Lavigne. About the only constant, on weekdays anyway, is that I'll be listening to the Dave Ramsey podcast at one point or another
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Speaking of music, 1290 selected free MP3s from Amazon. Gotta be in the US tho icon_sad.gif
  • djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    Progressive rock/metal. Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Mastodon, Tool.
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I'm studying I listen to trance, any other times mainly rap :)
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Anything by Nuno Bettencourt. The latest Extreme album is a bit patchy though.

And anything Queen did in the '70s.
  • slideoffslideoff Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh man.. I listen to a lot of dirty south, hustler music in between studying for certifications. All the stupid songs where they talk about making money off of hustling their dope. I find it very motivating. Young Jeezy, Gucci Mane, Lil Boosie, Plies, Rick Ross, Trick Daddy, Lil Wayne, etc.

If I had a theme song for my certification endeavors, it would be: TI - Big things poppin, Little things stoppin. In other words, focus on the big things (studying for certs), and stop the little things (wasting time on games and surfing). Haha

Oh - and when doing labs, you gotta throw on some techno/trance music and enter the matrix. just sayin'
    "Jeez louise, I can't wait to get my MCSE and quit this job." - Nick Burns
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Anything by Nuno Bettencourt.

Nuno is THE MAN! Phenomenal guitarist!

Anywho, I'm pretty eclectic as well, and who I'm listening to changes all the time. Current bands/artists I'm listening to:

RX Bandits - Mandala
    Mars Volta - Octahedron
    Regina Spektor - Far
    Alicia Keys - Element of Freedom
    Neko Case - Middle Cyclone, Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
    Charlotte Martin - Orphans
    Muse - The Resistance
    Good luck to all!
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    slideoff wrote: »
    Oh man.. I listen to a lot of dirty south, hustler music in between studying for certifications. All the stupid songs where they talk about making money off of hustling their dope. I find it very motivating. Young Jeezy, Gucci Mane, Lil Boosie, Plies, Rick Ross, Trick Daddy, Lil Wayne, etc.

If I had a theme song for my certification endeavors, it would be: TI - Big things poppin, Little things stoppin. In other words, focus on the big things (studying for certs), and stop the little things (wasting time on games and surfing). Haha

Oh - and when doing labs, you gotta throw on some techno/trance music and enter the matrix. just sayin'

Yea I can listen to Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, Jay-Z, and a few other rappers talking about coming up. There's no way I could listen to Gucci Mane or the rest though without losing concentration, they don't enunciate their words that good.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    All trance, all techno all the time
    Above & Beyond ,Armin Van Buuren, ATB, BAsshunter, Christian Weber, Dash Berlin, Darude, Deadmau5,Dj Shah, Eric Prydz, Gui Boratto, Guru Josh Project, Jes, Kaskade, Late Night Alumni, Lustral, Markus Schulz, Motorcycle, Ocean Lab, Orjan Nilsen, Paul Van Dyke, Paul Oakenfold, Purple Mood, Scooter, Sean Tyas, Sunlaonger, Tiesto and of course 4 Strings!!!

Other than that, Classic ROCK!!!
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    cbigbrick wrote: »
    All trance, all techno all the time
    Above & Beyond ,Armin Van Buuren, ATB, BAsshunter, Christian Weber, Dash Berlin, Darude, Deadmau5,Dj Shah, Eric Prydz, Gui Boratto, Guru Josh Project, Jes, Kaskade, Late Night Alumni, Lustral, Markus Schulz, Motorcycle, Ocean Lab, Orjan Nilsen, Paul Van Dyke, Paul Oakenfold, Purple Mood, Scooter, Sean Tyas, Sunlaonger, Tiesto and of course 4 Strings!!!

Other than that, Classic ROCK!!!

Do you always listen to music in alphabetically order? :P

Check out Felguk, Phonat, and wolfgang gartner (im sure they are on youtube/myspace). Great filthy electro love!
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Classical and Celtic mostly...
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    Tool mainly but Rammstein, Static X, Spineshank, Bloodhound Gang, Eminem, Chevelle, Slipknot, Fear Factory, Deftones, Ludacris, Big Tymers, Disturbed, Dope, ICP, Gorillaz, Old Korn, Limp Bizkit, Marilyn Manson, Megadeth, NIN, Otep, Powerman 5000, Sevendust, Staind,
    tech n9ne also help me study when I'm on a roll configuring something
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    im not going to go into all the music i like cos the list is long but my favourite album at this moment in time is the new Ministry of Sound Electronic 80s CD.....some CLASSIC 80s music going on there hahaha....duno how popular the CD is outside of the UK though.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    After the work is done, and you are done reading (or for some of you writing) your books, what do the good people of TE listen to (as far as music)? Who are some of your favorite artist?

Me I like most all types of music (anything but country). I have many artist I like but I have a soft spot for System of a Down because Steal This AlBUlM and Toxicity introduced me to Metal and Rock as a whole.

Mmm.. well dependes on the day but i can listen to any kind of music.

Armin, Tiest, Metallica, Therion, Beatles, David Guetta, BSB, Britney spears, The doors, Foo fighers, Testament, Lacrimosa, Queen, Nirvana, Beethoven and a long etc...
    "Almost..... is as good as Nothing"
  • cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    GT-Rob wrote: »
    Do you always listen to music in alphabetically order? :P

Check out Felguk, Phonat, and wolfgang gartner (im sure they are on youtube/myspace). Great filthy electro love!

NO! HAHAAAA!! Just going though my iTouch but I will check out those other artist.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mostly heavy metal/ hardcore and alternative rock: Foo Fighters, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of god, Burn the Priest, Bring me the Horizon, Shadows Fall, As I lay Dying, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Mudvayne, Static-X, Godsmack, System of a Down, Mushroomhead, Weezer, Coldplay, A Day to Remember, Sugar Ray, Greenday, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Rage Against the Machine, Slipknot, Death Cab for Cutie, Bullet for my Valentine, Staind, Chevelle, Opeth, Korn, 311, Incubus, Hoobastank, Marilyn Manson, The Postal Service, God Forbid, Otep, Sevendust, Zao, Devil Driver, Chimaira
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    I'm a heavy metal person also, glad to see a lot of us post on the boards. As for bands, Soilwork, Mudvayne, Violent Work of Art, **** Razors, Psychostick, Dry Kill Logic, Fear Factory, Five Finger Death Punch, Downthesun, As I Lay Dying, Chimaira, Children of Bordom, Coal Chamber, Crossbreed. I could probably keep going but I think thats enough.

My favorite internet radio station for you guys that are into metal: Hard Rock Radio and Metal Radio - Interviews - Photos - Videos - News - chroniXradio.com
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'm a rocker through and through. Here's a list of my favorite bands: AC/DC, Van Halen not Van Hagar, Skynyrd, Def Leppard...
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Everything from 50's through current. Right now the Touch is set on random here at work, and so far its been:

Blues Brothers - Soul Man
    Ian Hunter - Golden Age of Rock and Roll
    Simon and Garfunkel - Sounds of Silence
    Charlie Daniels Band - Still in Saigon
    Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way
    J Geils Band - Im Lookin for Love
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lately, it's been Interpol, The xx, Arctic Monkeys, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Franz Ferdinand, and Muse.

My iPhone is filled with lots of 80s college rock, 90s grunge, and recent indie stuff with a splash of metal....I'm surprised to see Psychostick up there on someone's list...they're hilarious, and the music is above average.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A little of everything myself. Lately it's been a variety of Avenged Sevenfold (sucks their drummer just died), Breaking Benjamin, Five Finger Death Punch, Three Days Grace, The Eels, Against Me, Hed PE, James Morrison, Led Zeppelin, Newton Faulkner, NOFX, and Billy Talent showing up on the playlist most often.

I tend to focus more on a particular genre now and then and rotate throughout the year and depending on my mood.
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Some of my favorites:

Rap - Brother Ali, Atmosphere
    Rock - Sublime, Beastie Boys, StaticX, Ramstein, 311, Journey
    Punk - Vandals, Misfits, *** Pistols, MXPX, Operation Ivy, Rancid
    Disney Toons - Aladdin, Beauty & the Beast, Lil Mermaid
    Techo/Trance - Mars & Mystre, ATB, Infected Mushroom, Paul Van Dyke
    Reggae - Bob Marley, Luciano, Syzla, Katchafire
    Chill - Kruder & Dorfmeister
    Classic Rock - Beatles, Buddy Holly, Ben E. King, The Temptations, Elvis Presley
  • wheezwheez Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Funny to see a lot of rock in here.. didn't really expect that!

I generally have some stuff ranging from punk(pop) to hardcore on. Good Riddance, No use for a name, Nofx, Protest the hero, Boysetsfire to name a few.
    WIP: Considering cert path.. :-)
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I was playing AC/DC's Live album from the 92 concert last night while studying, from beginning to end... the way I had everything sorted, after it ended, it kicked into some Elvis, and my co-worker was like 'wow, that's a leap'.

I then whipped up a play list to show him how varied my musical tastes really are. I leaped around from modern day stuff like Slipknot and Five Fingered Death Punch, to good old Scandal, to Paperboy, to Disturbed, to Divinyls, to some 3 Doors Down.

About the only thing not heavily represented in my collection is Country Western, but there *is* some representation (big Kenny Rogers and Reba McIntyre fan)

But I do tend to switch have moods and themes. Lately I've been on a classic rock kick that's featured Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Def Leppard, and so on. Probably sparked by when I saw AC/DC live a few months ago.

And I'm glad to see that there's someone else willing to man up and admit they like Disney Soundtracks! The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, and the Lilo and Stitch soundtracks are among some of my favorite music!
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I leaped around from modern day stuff like Slipknot...

Is it wrong that everytime someone mentions Slipknot, I think of this and laugh hysterically?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOcEVZsuVuY

(NSFW!)
    Good luck to all!
  • sdyesssdyess Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok, In my Itunes I have the following: Billy Idol, Duncan Sheik, Elton John, Robbie Williams (Love Him!!), Guns & Roses, Maroon 5, Most 80's stuff: Pretenders, Pyschadelic Furs, Culture Club, Human League, etc.; Daryl Hall & John Oates, Nelly Furtado and lots more - I have over 1,000 songs and adding more every week!!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I've got something like 14,000 songs in my mp3 collection, so an extensive list is a moot point. I generally like to listen to stuff like Eric Clapton, Matchbox 20, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Aerosmith, AC/DC, some newer stuff like Owl City and John Mayer, the list goes on and on. I've also gotten into listening to Groove Salad, Secret Agent, and Beat Blender stations on SOMAFM. When I'm studying, though, I like to listen to music without lyrics, I find that the words can distract me. Admittedly, I like to geek out to remixed and orchestral video game music when I'm reading. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.