You've all done it - I'm about to try!

paknightpaknight Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I am taking both A+ exams on Wednesday of next week. I am both excited and nervous (excited at the thought of passing and nervous at the thought of failing!). I just wanted to say, I have spent a good hour or two browsing the posts in this forum, and have found most to be quite useful. I have also, of course, found some terrifying when people who have failed the exams have detailed some of the horrifics they went through in the exams!

In some ways I feel I am as well prepared as I can be, as I have studied hard and ripped many an old PC to bits, swapped components over, reinstalled Windows, upgraded Windows etc etc. I guess what I have learnt from looking at posts on this site is that you can never be too careful!

With that in mind, I have Sat & Sun to do the last refreshers and a few practice exams, and I have the day before just to look over notes and hopefully ensure all relevant knowledge is tucked away somewhere in the back of my mind! Oh, but how I know some awkward bugger of a question is going to throw me!

I have found the practice exams to be quite useful - particulalry because of the trick questions, and the ambigious nature of some questions. I guess this is because sometimes in the "real world" simple things trick you and catch you out - as I just found out when attempting to set up a dual boot ME & 2000!

Anyway, I hope that I can come back on Wednesday and say I passed, I passed, I passed!

Thanks for your help

Paul

Comments

• ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    good luck, i do not know why ou are doing both at the same day, i did them both in 2 months. not a hard exam. if you feel ready take them at the same day, other wise take them within a week of each other.

just my $.02
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    just sounds like pre-exam nerves to me ;)

if there is anything that you think yopu don't understand, just post it here.

good luck
    A+ Moderator
  • NorNor Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • keithgodseykeithgodsey Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck!

I'm doing it without the benefit of any junk computers to rip apart, so let us know how it goes! :)
  • FR29FR29 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, dude! :D
    Not that hard of a test, if you study.
    She don't come, and I don't follow.
  • AnimeFrusionSmoothieAnimeFrusionSmoothie Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck man, you should be able to write stuff down (prometric test centers allow it); but you can't bring anything in to test.

oh and... deep breath in, close your eyes and just let all your fears go out the window while your infront of that test
    PC Modding at it best -
    Xoxide.com, Directron.com, frozenpc.com, frozencpu.com
  • paknightpaknight Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your good wishes:

Hardware 905
    OS 831

I am thrilled!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    Now u need to update your profile to show your newest accomplishments icon_wink.gif

congrats icon_cheers.gif