MS Updating Certification Status....

kevd2004kevd2004 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I was wondering how long it took for MS to update your transcripts etc for MCSA?

Only i've just checked my trasncript and they have updated the exam part but left my status as MCP... it doesn't say MCSA..

Also when i login to secure MS site, it still says i'm MCP.. and when i go to the welcome pack area, I'm uable to request a welcome pack for MCSA becuase it says most recent welcome pack already been requested but i have not requested it for MCSA, i think it is refering to my MCP welcoe pack...

Anyway ideas what happenes next?? Do i need to wait for a email from MS etc or shoudl this have been updated and MS have updated my status incorrectly??

I only passed final MCSA exam the other day so i dont want to email them unless it should have been done by now...

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You should keep waiting. M$ will get you used to that. For the MCP site, it takes a few days at least to update everything. I thought they only give Welcome kits for your MCP.....those usually take a few weeks to arrive.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ricka182 wrote:
    I thought they only give Welcome kits for your MCP.....those usually take a few weeks to arrive.

I don't think they send out another welcome kit for MCSA. But I do know that there is a certificate for MCSA that they give you. It looks exactly like the MCP certificate though. Microsoft needs to redesign their certificates.
  • kevd2004kevd2004 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Thanks for reply.

ah - i thought you got new welcome kit when your MCSA? either way - they send a certificate saying MCSA i beleive.

I just thought its weird as they have updated Trascript to say i have doen the exam, the date etc BUT at the top part, they have left it as MCP, it doesn't say i'm a MCSA .... hence i found it odd - i thought id they would update it, then surely they update it all ...

Anyone else got any opinions etc on this??

Thanks

Kevin
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    No this is incorrect. You do get another welcome kit for MCSA (it's a new cert, which means you get a new certificate showing this). Sometimes it can take up to a weak for your certification status to update on the transcript. The exam updates almost the next day in most cases (two days at the most). This is because this is tied directly in with Prometric or VUE. When you pass the exam, this information is sent to Microsoft automatically and it's a matter of replication for it to be ported into the database that holds your transcript. When you reach another level of certification, it takes longer because this actually has to be approved and there's a little more of a manual/human involvement in the process. If your profile does not update to MCSA status within a week, just email them at MCPhelp@microsoft.com. They respond within 24 hours.
    A certificate is not a welcome kit. At least I don't think so. Either way, M$ is slow, and so patience is a virtue.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Do you need to request a 'welcome' kit on the MCSA? I didn't realize that the MCP had to be requested. When I took my first test, I waited almost 12 weeks wondering why it took so long (Compared to Comptia) and found out that I had to request it. Once requested it took four weeks and I actually thought it was pretty nice. Plastic MCP card and Certificate (yes, this does need to be redesigned ;) ).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    Plantwiz wrote:
    Do you need to request a 'welcome' kit on the MCSA? ;) ).

Only the initial MCP welcome kit has to be requested. Further exam passes will get you a new certificate, and a card if for cert.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You are correct Ricka182 I'm well aware that a welcome kit and certificate are not the same thing. But concerning Microsoft certifications, the certificate is PART of the welcome kit, ALWAYS. So just to clear things up. You will receive a welcome kit any time your certification status is upgraded/changed. As a matter of fact, when I got my MCSE the certificate was bent a little, so I called and explained the problem and requested a new certificate. They sent an entire kit!! Being the nosey and picky person I am, I called and asked why I got an entire second kit when all I asked for was a certificate. The answer I got was basically what I just explained in the first part of this post.
    Hi,

Thanks for replies.

Ah i see, thats explains why only the exams have updated at the moment and not the certification part at the top.... I'll wait another week and then email them (I've actually already drafted the email to send to them hehe) Its sitting in my Drafts folder in outlook :)

I thought you got a new welcome kit, nice to have it finally confirmed :D hansk for that.

I was thiking theyhadnt' updated as I've done the exams a litle out of order as it were - I did 70-270, 70-215, 70-216, 70-217 and then 70-218 where as you dont need 70-217 for the MCSA, just the rest so i was thinking maybe this has put a spanner in the works at M$ hehe ;)

I'll keep you updated as to weather my certification status changes or if I need send an email :)

Thanks for replies and help.

Kevin
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    kevd2004, I've suffered from a similar problem a few years back when I did my MCSD. The problem was that I took my first exam (at VUE) and then I got a welcome kit and everything. Then I took my second exam (at Prometric), but instead of just having it updated on my transcript, they registered that exam under a new MCP ID and sent me another ceritifacte with a new transcript and all even though I provided my MCP ID when I registered for the exam. Well after 7 weeks of trying to get them to understand the situation, I finally got them to merge the two accounts.

I know your problem is slightly different in that you haven't gotten any certificate yet, but you could be facing the same scenario.

Hope you get it cleared up soon

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
    hi,

Thanks for reply.

well i've done all my exams under Prometric so thankfulyl i dont have the problem of different MCp IDs ... I got my first welcome pack ok for MCP when i did XP and it seems i now have to wait a week as all my exams, included last one 70-218 appear on transcript but the certifiates part at the top still says i'm a MCP, instead of MCP and also MCSA....

I'm going to give them until end of this coming week and see what happens...

When i did a differetn exam in January, it took about 2 weeks for them to update my transcript to show the exam i had taken - i think it must have been that loads of people had booked up exams during the week off after xmas to not take tiem off work etc.... so M$ must have been snowed under... I kept looking and i noticed on site it says allow upto 2 weeks.. well i thin it was a dead 2 weeks or just over and they updated the site.. i was getting close to emailing them about it as i was begining to wonder if the exam results got lost or something and i'd have to re-sit the exam... didn't fancy that hehe

Kevin
    Hi,

just thought i'd let you know, M$ have updated the certification part of my transcript. I've also been able to download my new logos and also confirm ym address and request the new welcome pack for my new certification.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin