Seeking evaluation copy of Exchange 5.5

sschmidlapsschmidlap Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone. I am working through the MS Press book for 70-284 Exchange 2003. I have no experience with any version of Exchange and thought this would be a good start. I'm stuck at Chapter 4 now that I need a server running Exchange 5.5 to complete the hands on exercises. I have been looking and looking and can't find any evaluation software for Exchange 5.5 Would appreciate any help you can offer.

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I doubt if you can find an eval copy of 5.5. Perhaps your workplace has one lying around? Or maybe it's available via the paid subscription of TechNet, I am just guessing.

I wouldnt be worried too much about Exchange 5.5 on the 70-284. My exam didnt go into any detail on 5.5, I'd just remember the basics of migration etc. Cant tell you more than this without contravening the NDA.

HTH.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you really want the hands on, you could probably find the MS Exchange 5.5 training kit REAL cheap on ebay or amazon that would include the software.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    MSDN or Technet subscriptions should allow you access to 5.5.
    Good luck to all!
  • shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    Just checked my Technet subscription, and Exchange 2003 is the oldest version they have.
  • sschmidlapsschmidlap Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks anyway. Maybe it's just not worth the hassle. Hopefully studying 13 out of the 15 chapters in depth will be enough for the exam. I am just going to skip 4 and 5 for now and see how I do. Here is some cool stuff. All you old timers surely know this already, but with Virtual Server 2005 you can actually set up a real 2 node cluster with external shared storage even though you don't have the physical hardware. You don't even need a real SCSI drive. It was a pain in the ass, but I finally got it working for a 2 node cluster of Exchange. Now, maybe after 6 chapters of this book I will actually learn how to do more than just INSTALL EXCHANGE???
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    If you have the MS Press Book for 70-284 plus the CBT Nuggets and the exchange 2003 lab, you will be fine. Setting up the exchange cluster is a plus on your study.

+1 for Essedon, just study the basics on exchange 5.5 migration on your MS Press book....