What ipod apps are you using

brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
I just picked up an ipod touch and was wondering what apps/games you guys like to use the most?

I think I will get an alarm clock app.

Before i get home and start looking around, does anyone know if they have a free ESPN or local radio apps?

For extras i was going to pick up a desktop speaker that doubles as a charger, some kind of activewear headphones, and a case of some sorts.

i would love to hear what you guys like to use to minimize my looking around time.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What's wrong with the included alarm clock? That does everything I need. Mine are mostly Japanese apps (i.e. Kanji flash cards). I have some games (geodefense and gd swarm are awesome). TripIt because I travel. I have a few goal setting/to do/lifestyle apps as well.

Check out Skull Candy for good active-wear headphones. They've stayed on despite some nasty spills on the bike.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    dynamik wrote: »
    I have some games (geodefense and gd swarm are awesome).

Check out Skull Candy for good active-wear headphones. They've stayed on despite some nasty spills on the bike.
    1) got it. love it. reminds me of a flash game called vectoids.
    2) what style? amazon has all kinds. which ones do you like?
    I actually don't see them on Amazon (at least for a search for skull candy).

I got these from a local sports store: Skullcandy Store
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    I take it you didnt see this notice on the same page :p
    IMPORTANT UPDATE: Numerous users have reported that the site appears to be giving out other users' contact and billing information. We advise that you refrain from ordering anything at this time, if you value your privacy. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Top apps for my iphone:

Facebook (most used..)
    JAM! (Joomla Admin Mobile, for work)
    Wordpress (For work again)
    ScoreMobile (sports app for keeping track of any and all sports/scores/etc)
    Mafia Wars (to kill time)
    Urbanspoon (great app for finding a new place to eat, don't use it too often, but it's great)
    Tap Tap revolution (Just got this one, think it's pretty cool for a free app..kills time)

No alarm app here, but I've seen a pretty slick clock app on my wife's phone where it lights up in green letters and (at night) completely looks like a normal clock..pretty cool.
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Most used apps:
    Facebook
    The Weather Channel
    ATL Traffic (only useful if you're driving in Atlanta or if you really like watching traffic cams)
    Yelp
    ESPN ScoreCenter
    WootWatch
    Bump (good for exchanging pics and contacts between my phone and my wife's)
    Mark the Spot (tell AT&T where their coverage sucks!)
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The "killer app" on my iPod Touch (64 Gig Version) is iFile.

I have a crappy subnet calculator -- but I'm looking for a better one.

Pandora
    Starbucks Card Mobile
    WiFiTrac
    VNC
    Alarm Clock Pro & City Time - World Time
    News -- ABC, BBC, CBS, MSNBC
    Weather -- AccuWeather & Weather Channel & My Radar

Google Earth
    Kindle for iPhone
    Live Cams
    Scanner 911 - live police radio
    NASA App
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    brad- wrote: »
    I just picked up an ipod touch and was wondering what apps/games you guys like to use the most?

I think I will get an alarm clock app.

Before i get home and start looking around, does anyone know if they have a free ESPN or local radio apps?

For extras i was going to pick up a desktop speaker that doubles as a charger, some kind of activewear headphones, and a case of some sorts.

i would love to hear what you guys like to use to minimize my looking around time.

Appstore apps or any other (C)sources apps??
    "Almost..... is as good as Nothing"
    from the app store
  • eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    from the app store

from the appstore top 10 (no order)

1.- Facebook.- Facebook
    2.- Twitterrific.- Twitter
    3.- Parlingo.- IM
    4.- XkCD.- Web comic
    5.- Hold'em.- Poker, game
    6.- QuickOffice.- Works for EXCEL, WORD and PAINT
    7.- Scany .- Port scanner and stuff
    8.- Touchterm.- SSH client
    9.- Arkanoid.- Game
    10.- SplashIdLite.- Store accounts
    "Almost..... is as good as Nothing"
    dynamik wrote: »
    I have some games (geodefense and gd swarm are awesome).
    I got GD and GD swarm, and they are awesome. I just finished all the levels on GD, now I'm doing swarm, and it is much more interesting.

I wish I could find some kind of datasheet or comaprison of the different types of turrets and what damage they do at what levels etc.
    I wish I could find some kind of datasheet or comaprison of the different types of turrets and what damage they do at what levels etc.

No kidding. I basically just had to go through trial-and-error to see what worked best for me. I was looking for the same thing; it definitely would have made the strategy easier to develop. I'm also enjoying Sentinel 2 a great deal. I just got that the other day and was unleashing some major pwnage on the way from Houston to Baltimore.