Certification Topics?!

roghanroghan Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi! I attended CCNA Security course at a Cisco school (in Florence, Italy), and it finished a week ago. Now, I think to make exam Certification... but CCNA Security course (I studied on CCNA Security Course Booklet version 1.0) has more arguments than exam topics on the Cisco Learning Network (https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4989)! The table of contents of my book is:

Chapter 1 Modern Network Security Threats
Chapter 2 Securing Network Devices
Chapter 3 Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
Chapter 4 Implementing Firewall Technologies
Chapter 5 Implementing Intrusion Prevention
Chapter 6 Securing the Local Area Network
Chapter 7 Cryptographic Systems
Chapter 8 Implementing Virtual Private Networks
Chapter 9 Managing a Secure Network

But Chapter 7 (symmetric/asymmetric cryptographic systems, digital certificates, pki, ...) and 9 (security policy, SDLC, Business continuity planning, ...) there aren't in exam topics on Cisco Learning N.! And so?? I have to study this two chapter or not?? icon_cry.gif Thanks!!

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    roghan wrote: »
    Hi! I attended CCNA Security course at a Cisco school (in Florence, Italy), and it finished a week ago. Now, I think to make exam Certification... but CCNA Security course (I studied on CCNA Security Course Booklet version 1.0) has more arguments than exam topics on the Cisco Learning Network (https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4989)! The table of contents of my book is:

Chapter 1 Modern Network Security Threats
    Chapter 2 Securing Network Devices
    Chapter 3 Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
    Chapter 4 Implementing Firewall Technologies
    Chapter 5 Implementing Intrusion Prevention
    Chapter 6 Securing the Local Area Network
    Chapter 7 Cryptographic Systems
    Chapter 8 Implementing Virtual Private Networks
    Chapter 9 Managing a Secure Network

But Chapter 7 (symmetric/asymmetric cryptographic systems, digital certificates, pki, ...) and 9 (security policy, SDLC, Business continuity planning, ...) there aren't in exam topics on Cisco Learning N.! And so?? I have to study this two chapter or not?? icon_cry.gif Thanks!!

I'd say read it. Personally the knowledge is going to do nothing but help. That knowledge is going to be useful for building knowledge for the CCSP and general security knowledge. Study the book.
  • luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    After going through the usual authentication merry-go-round on cisco.com to actually get the exam blueprint for an exam, chapter 7 of your book lines up pretty well with: Explain the different methods used in cryptography
  • roghanroghan Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    luke_bibby wrote: »
    After going through the usual authentication merry-go-round on cisco.com to actually get the exam blueprint for an exam, chapter 7 of your book lines up pretty well with: Explain the different methods used in cryptography

You are right! Then I will study all chapters of my book icon_sad.gif... Thanks!