Free second shot at a MS Certification exam

4SG4SG Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Received an email from MS regarding this and thought I’d pass it along if someone missed it. Hopefully no one needs to use this – but it’s nice to have a little peace of mind walking into an exam.

Here’s a link with the details.
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/

Comments

• /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Excellent! I hoped they would do this again soon. Just in time for me to take 70-270. :D
    Or not...can you can't use a voucher and a promotional code when registering, can you?
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    /usr wrote:
    Or not...can you can't use a voucher and a promotional code when registering, can you?

The Second Shot offer can be combined with offers not requiring a promotional code, such as MCDST free training (www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/mcdst) and MCSA eReference Library (www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/mcsa) offers. However, the Second Shot offer cannot be combined with any other exam offer that requires a promotional code, including the MCP 2-for-1 exam offer or special offers in India.
    So....

Voucher + Promotional Code = Yes?

icon_lol.gif
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    /usr wrote:
    So....

icon_lol.gif

Also if you booked the exam before the 2nd shot promo, you can still take advantage of this offer, just reschedule your exam between the qualifying days and if you happen to fail just call www.VUE.com or www.Prometric.com and ask to take advantage of the 2nd Shot promotion. This is what I had to do and this is what they told me at VUE. icon_wink.gif
    Great, thanks!
  • HackNackHackNack Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just signed up for 2 exams and I'm planning to sign up for 2 more. This offer is timed perfectly.
    What exams did you sign up for? The offer can only be used one time per candidate during this time period.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    /usr wrote:
    So....

icon_lol.gif

Yes, I'm testing today. Used a voucher to pay first, and then entered the promo code. If I "sub-optimize" the exam, I call Vue 1 business after, and they take care of the rest. Prometric will do the same as well.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
    NPA24 wrote:
    What exams did you sign up for? The offer can only be used one time per candidate during this time period.

M$ FAQ wrote:
    Q: How many free exams can I receive?

A: If you register for the Second Shot eligibility, you are entitled to retake any exam that you took and failed during the eligibility period (March 1–May 31, 2005).

Also found here
    Well then, I misread. That's a better deal than the way I understood it the first time.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Ricka182 wrote:
    /usr wrote:
    So....

icon_lol.gif

Yes, I'm testing today. Used a voucher to pay first, and then entered the promo code. If I "sub-optimize" the exam, I call Vue 1 business after, and they take care of the rest. Prometric will do the same as well.

What exam are you doing today?
    Ricka182 wrote:
    /usr wrote:
    So....

icon_lol.gif

What kind of voucher did you use to sign up for the exam? I tried various vouchers (Amazon and GetCert4less) but they didn't work no matter how I tried to apply them. How did you manage to do it, and how much did the voucher you used cost?
    I took 271, which if passed would have given me MCDST. Although, you already read, I "sub-optimized" with an evil 666/700 icon_evil.gificon_sad.gif...oh well. I used the 2nd shot promo, so I can retake anytime before June. I went through Vue, and had no problems entering the voucher#, then I entered the promo code, and it worked fine. I got my voucher from a friend on short expiry, so I really only had about 4 hours to study up, which is a swing from my current 215 and 218 studies.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Definately a great way to finish up some tests. If I can find the time, I have NO excuse for not completing my 218 test.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    Ricka182 wrote:
    I took 271, which if passed would have given me MCDST. Although, you already read, I "sub-optimized" with an evil 666/700 icon_evil.gificon_sad.gif...oh well. I used the 2nd shot promo, so I can retake anytime before June. I went through Vue, and had no problems entering the voucher#, then I entered the promo code, and it worked fine. I got my voucher from a friend on short expiry, so I really only had about 4 hours to study up, which is a swing from my current 215 and 218 studies.

Where did your friend get the voucher from?
    Vouchers from GetCertifyForLess.com should work...

Are you sure you're using them for the right center? Either Prometric or Vue?
    I don't know. If you are having trouble, I would call either Vue or Prometric, and setup the exam over the phone.
    Well, I tried the voucher without the 2nd shot offer and it worked. As soon as I put in the offer it said that it cannot be combined with any other offers or vouchers.
    Call the exam people. I used Vue for the first time with no issues, I ususally go thru Prometric, no big issues with them either.
  • kevd2004kevd2004 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Does anyoen know if this offer applies to people in the UK or is it just for people is USA?

I tried to find out on there site but it doesn't seem to say...

Thanks

Kevin
    Yeah, if your voucher isn't working you need to call them. I've used a voucher for every exam I've taken, except the CEH exam, with no problems whatsoever. I'm still not even sure what problem you're having...
    Hi,

Sorry /usr, I'm not having any problems. I just saw this thread and went to M$ site to find out about it and I couldn't determine if the offer was for everyone worldwide or if it was something just for people in USA.

It will be good if it is worldwide, then I may register incase I do mess up one of my exams before end of May.

Thanks

Kevin
    I'm guessing it's worldwide, but I may be wrong.
    VUE, prometic and Microsoft all say it's worldwide.
    kevd2004 wrote:
    Hi,

Does anyoen know if this offer applies to people in the UK or is it just for people is USA?

I tried to find out on there site but it doesn't seem to say...

Thanks

Kevin

As far as I know it's worldwide icon_wink.gif
  • mark_pizamark_piza Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Kevin,

The M$ offer is definitely worldwide. I have scheduled a M$ exam with this offer by calling the testing centre directly, with no problems, and i'm in Australia. The M$ site also states that the offer is worldwide. icon_thumright.gif
    Hi,

Thansk for that - I even looked on M$ as well and i couldn't see anything referencing where it was for hehe

Thanks again, might just come in handy but i hope not :)

Kevin
    Did they extend this 2nd shot offer?

Second Shot Offer Details: February 28–May 31, 2005

Wasn't it only until March 31, 2005 before? icon_confused.gif

If this is the case, thats GREAT!!! I have more time to study! :D

If you register for this offer prior to taking any IT Pro or Developer exam you will get a free exam if you fail on your first try.

What is IT Pro or Developer exam?

Would that inclued, any MCSA/MCSE/MCDST exam?