I'm taking the Core & OS tests this Friday...(and I PASS

BigO1120BigO1120 Member Posts: 110
Am I being suicidal?

What should I be expecting!?!?!?!?
A Thing Of Beauty Is A Joy Forever

Comments

• GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
    If you ready it should be no problem. I took them about a week apart.

Gawd
  • BigO1120BigO1120 Member Posts: 110
    I've been putting this test aside for 2-3 weeks now (but for good reasons). I just want to get these tests over with. Has anyone taken both tests on the same day and passed?
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Yep! It wasn't really that bad. I didn't even consider taking them on different days, but that's just me.

If you've prepared well, and are scoring around 90% on practice exams, you should be in good shape.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • MogleyMogley Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm doing the same. Both Core and OS on Friday.
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you have experience on the material you will do fine. I took mine atleast a couple of months apart but some people are able to take them on the same day.

Good luck!
    Actually I have about 6 yrs exp. My previous employer who I've work for the entire time. Never required A+. I have MCSE NT4.0 and 2k. CNA, Compaq and HP integration certs. I kinda feel silly having to take these now.
  • eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    You guys will do great. just remember to review your answers if you have extra time

All the best!!!
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
    ALRIGHT GUYS!!

This is it! I'm taking both tests tomorrow! Wish me luck and if there is any advise that anyone recommends I'm all ears (or in this case...all eyes)!
    Mogley wrote:
    I'm doing the same. Both Core and OS on Friday.

Mogley, GOOD LUCK! Let me know how you did!!
    What scores do you need in order to pass both exams?

icon_confused.gif:
  • entzillaentzilla Member Posts: 141
    Hardware - 515
    OS - 505

Both exams are scored 100-900
    CompTIA A+ Certified - July 5th, 2005
    icon_cool.gif

OS Test - 571
    HW Test - 634

I'm finally A+ Certified! I hated putting the test aside all these weeks but I finally did it. I'm a little disappointed about my OS score but hey, I passed and that's all that matters! When I went to the testing center and told the people there that I was taking both tests they told me that they've never had anyone take both exams and pass. This was something that I did not want to hear right before taking the exams but they were happy for me when they saw that I passed.

Next up...Network +.

Thanks to everyone on these forums for the great advise, info, and support. This site really helped me prepare for the test.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!

I took mine back-to-back. I'd recommend taking the same day to anyone who works in the industry or plans to work in the industry.....all the stuff goes together in real-life - so why not on a test?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • stndrd_123stndrd_123 Member Posts: 113
  • porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    bigo1120 wrote:
    icon_cool.gif

OS Test - 571
    HW Test - 634

I'm finally A+ Certified! I hated putting the test aside all these weeks but I finally did it. I'm a little disappointed about my OS score but hey, I passed and that's all that matters! When I went to the testing center and told the people there that I was taking both tests they told me that they've never had anyone take both exams and pass. This was something that I did not want to hear right before taking the exams but they were happy for me when they saw that I passed.

Next up...Network +.

Thanks to everyone on these forums for the great advise, info, and support. This site really helped me prepare for the test.

Congrats on your pass! icon_thumright.gif

I guess they'll be talking about you at the test center for a long time. You'll be considered "The Man!" bowing.gif
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats, bigo1120!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
    I was really surprised to see that there were some Hardware questions in the OS test and vic versa. Does CompTIA do this on purpose or is it a mistake/glitch when they present the test to us?
  • mark_pizamark_piza Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CompTIA actually do that on purpose, to see if you have retained, or already knew, information on each exam for their survey purposes I guess. They actually state that these particular questions do not count towards your final exam score!

Congrats and well done for passing too! icon_wink.gif
    Well, I did it. Passed both Core and OS. Scored 743 and 696 respectively. Wasn't as bad as I thought. If you know your basics you'll be ok. Although that's easy for me to say having quite a bit of experience.
    Thanks mark_piza!

CONGRATS on passing Mogley.

Hey, did anyone know that in the tests some of the questions, whether you answer the question correct or not, you don't get points for? Why is that?
  • crtaacrtaa Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bigo1120 wrote:
    Hey, did anyone know that in the tests some of the questions, whether you answer the question correct or not, you don't get points for? Why is that?

To my understanding...those "additional" questions you encounter might (and or will) be used for the next revision of A+ testing...
    Thanks for the congrats.

In reference to the questions on the test not being scored crtaa is correct. It actually mentions that before the beginning of the exam.