Passed 70-297 Today

brucewhunterbrucewhunter Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Exam Score 918

3 weeks review time.

I used the MS 70-297/Thompsons and an O'Reilly for Books - Just go with the MS book.

Testing was Testout/Transcenders/Prep Logic. Testout is the way for MCSE 2003. Trancenders is relevant for this exam - Flush PrepLogic.

My Exam was 6 testlets aprox 22 min each about 8 questions each. Pretty much everything was covered VPN/GPO/Sites/DNS even a CA .

I read the questions first and I read the scenario first. For the scenarios that I did read I was between 8 and 12 mins per. However there were two that had so much irrelevant info that I couldn't even remember the companies name.

It is better to read the questions first, however you need to be able to scan effectively for the details and some of those details were very very minor.

The worst part of the exam was the review for the exam.

I am so glad 2003 is over, for me it became very old.

Thanks Forum !

Comments

• impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• tgfndotcomtgfndotcom Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Job .... I have to attempt 297 yet again .... commming up soon

Where 2 next now that 2003 track is completed ?
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, as well as your new status as MCSE. What's next for you?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Congrats on the pass! Your comment on the MCSE getting old is how I am starting to feel as well. I think it's more like information overload and I am not a spring chicken anymore, so it's taking me double the time I think it should.

Like others have asked, what's next, if anything?
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • brucewhunterbrucewhunter Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    motogpman wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Your comment on the MCSE getting old is how I am starting to feel as well. I think it's more like information overload and I am not a spring chicken anymore, so it's taking me double the time I think it should.

Like others have asked, what's next, if anything?

Since then I went and upgraded all my Certs to 2008/Win 7 track with a CCNA. Once I got my head back into the certs game ,I found it best to keep in it. newer material/technology kept it interesting. Not keeping up with the cert upgrading cost me a couple of jobs applications over the years. Now I just try to stay on top of it.

The company I work for have upgraded to Exchange 2010 so now I am on the Exchange track 2003 to 2010 all over again. At least I come to this with some experiance so it hopefully won't take to long.