CBT Nuggets

/usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
Which exams are worth buying CBT nuggets for? They seem a bit expensive, therefore leading me to think most people would use them on more difficult exams. The entire MCSA:Security series is $500. The videos seem nice, and based on the free ones that I've downloaded, I recommended their Excel video to a friend, who said it was very good.

Any opinions?

Comments

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    /usr wrote:
    Which exams are worth buying CBT nuggets for? They seem a bit expensive, therefore leading me to think most people would use them on more difficult exams. The entire MCSA:Security series is $500. The videos seem nice, and based on the free ones that I've downloaded, I recommended their Excel video to a friend, who said it was very good.

Any opinions?

man, those are the SH***t i used them during my CCNA process and currently using them during the BSCI portion of the CCNP
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Care to elaborate a little?
    just like being in class room on your own time.. u can replay any area covered by subject matter the give good diagrams and simple explaination for stuff.. i like to use it before reading the book that way i'm familiar with the areas covered in the book before i read it
    those are the SH***t

I read that wrong. Sorry.

icon_redface.gif
    I guess I'm just curious as to whether or not $500 is a wise investment, that's a lot of money. icon_wink.gif
    depends on if u plan on spending it on a week long crash course
    My studying will most likely last months. I'm pretty busy and don't have the time to sit down and learn the material in a couple of weeks.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    keenon wrote:
    man, those are the SH***t i used them during my CCNA process and currently using them during the BSCI portion of the CCNP

Thank you for the reply!

The on-line videos do seem very, very good. Nice to hear someone's feedback on them and whether you were revisit them in the future or not. What I like on the video I watched was the clarity of the instruction, and that you are actually walked through the process, it is not assumed that you know how to get from point A to point D....the steps (though simple) are all shown.

Did you end up with a set? Or just a couple specific tests?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • xetrevxetrev Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i used them for my network+/ccna i love them, i watch the videos and then get any details i missed via a book. For the network+/ccna i never had to crack open a book!
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Love them - well worth the bucks
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
    Well worth the $500 for the MCSA:Security set?
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I haven't seen the MSCA security set, but the Sec+ set is one of the better CBTs I have seen and the MCSA series is great.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The videos are great. I used the 70-210 Windows 2000 cbt nugget and it complemented well with my sybex book. I'm studying now for the 70-215 and I just finished watching all those cbt nuggets and it was great. I would recommend getting the MCSA cbt nuggets. It's well worth the investment.