Has anyone Tried Requesting Wallet cards...

....since it is no longer a standard issue item? I didn't find any special request info on the MS site, only info for the paper issue.

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    kctxau wrote: »
    ....since it is no longer a standard issue item? I didn't find any special request info on the MS site, only info for the paper issue.

I find it amusing that CompTIA is now sending out nice quality cards and paper while MS has completely stopped icon_wink.gif
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I just want to know one thing - why the hell does Cisco's latest generation of wallet card have a magstrip on them?

(I'm aware of *what's* on them, like a good little geek, I got a magstrip reader and found out, I just don't know the why of it!)
    I just want to know one thing - why the hell does Cisco's latest generation of wallet card have a magstrip on them?

(I'm aware of *what's* on them, like a good little geek, I got a magstrip reader and found out, I just don't know the why of it!)

Interesting...
  • StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    What's on the strip? I do not have a card reader to see.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Candidates name, the type of certification, CSCO number, and another number, which I think is a verification number from other things I've read.

The only use I've found for the wallet cards is when I'm registering for an exam in person, since my CSCO number is printed right on it. I just hand the test center dude my license and that, and away we go!
  • kctxaukctxau Member Posts: 130
    Soooo anyway.....
    Has anyone tried requesting Wallet Cards......since it is no longer a standard issue item? I didn't find any special request info on the MS site, only info for the paper issue.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    as veritas libertas mentioned above, MS has completed stopped giving out wallet cards. You can request (and pay for) paper certs, but as part of their 'go green' campaign, they no longer automatically send out paper certs and they've discontinued wallet cards altogether.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
    Thanks for the replies.
    That was the clarification I was looking for. I knew they had stopped sending them out, but discontinued suggests not available even by request/for fee.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thats ****. I like pulling out a certification card icon_sad.gif Goodbye microsoft certification plans...

Okay, maybe not really, but it is a downer.
    SephStorm wrote: »
    Thats ****. I like pulling out a certification card icon_sad.gif Goodbye microsoft certification plans...

Okay, maybe not really, but it is a downer.

Not much of a big deal, I plan to put together a portfolio with my printed certifications in it.
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    How much better are the certs that MS mails you vs the one you can download off the MCP site?
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    I like pulling out a certification card icon_sad.gif Goodbye microsoft certification plans...

Tell me about it. How are we supposed to pick up chicks at bars now? Develop a personality? Pfft...
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    dynamik wrote: »
    Tell me about it. How are we supposed to pick up chicks at bars now? Develop a personality? Pfft...

Dude, nothing gets "the honeys" more than my MCP in Windows NT4.0 Workstation wallet card. The low MCP ID and certified since date drive them crazy. Then... I seal the deal with my low Slashdot id.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
    Dude, nothing gets "the honeys" more than my MCP in Windows NT4.0 Workstation wallet card. The low MCP ID and certified since date drive them crazy. Then... I seal the deal with my low Slashdot id.

Well, I du'know. I've been pretty lucky when I tell the ladies that twice a year I can help 'em get a - "Second Shot".... Well, except for the one that asked who needed that, me or her. Then she went on to ask why I coudn't get it right the first time. Hmm, now I wish I hadn't even brought it up.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Wife was looking over the shoulder at the moment and read "get her a second shot" and walked of mumbling about my slug friends. Had to call her back and explain.

My blue and silver Mcdst card gets them every time.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • jovenlibrejovenlibre Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i am very frustrate about this decision.
    i finish the last exam "70-291", much working for anythings.

is any chance to contacts and make petition to microsoft?

i thinks to make a change to Cisco Certs
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    When i show the ladies my MCITP card, they think its a subway frequent diner card. icon_sad.gif