*TechLabs* CCNA

124»

Comments

• sridevi31sridevi31 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

Its nice to see the basic labs which boosted me to do more and understand more things.. How an internet connection establish when i use dail-up or broadband. to know the basic funda ...

Thanks
    Sridevi
  • jimyjimy Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear all,
    Please upload the lab of EIGRP,OSPF and BGP.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Problem on TE ccna intro test.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Which of the following commands will make you leave Privileged Exec Mode and go back to User Mode?[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]a. exit[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]b. logout[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]c. logout exec[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]d. disable[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-1]Answer(s):[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]d. disable
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Explanation: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]The disable command is used for leaving Privileged Exec Mode without ending the CLI session. The exit and the logout command are used to log out of the router and terminate the CLI session.

Now, I now that disable works to do this, but so will the exit command. It will take you down from global config to priv exec, and PE to UE. End will take you from any level back to the UE.

EDIT: this was confirmed here:

[/SIZE][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]hich of the following will take you back to Global Configuration mode when you are in Interface Configuration mode in the CLI?[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]a. exit command[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]b. Ctrl-Z[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]c. end command[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]d. Ctrl-X[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-1]Answer(s):[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]a. exit command
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Explanation: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]To exit interface configuration mode and return to global configuration mode, enter the exit command: Router(config-if)# exit[/SIZE]
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    SephStorm wrote: »
    Now, I now that disable works to do this, but so will the exit command. It will take you down from global config to priv exec, and PE to UE. End will take you from any level back to the UE.

Nope, only disable will bring you back to user mode.

Using 'end' from global config mode will bring you back to PE mode. Using 'end' in PE mode does nothing.

Using 'exit' in PE mode will end your session, granted you will be in user mode when logging back in but not immediately.
  • milanchatterjeemilanchatterjee Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    The CCNA labs provided had been very nice and useful for practicing the various objectives. But, in my opinion they are very much straightforward and easy.

Will it be possible, to add a bit more complicated labs including Switching

Thanks and regards,

Milan Chatterjee
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. I actually may have something for the second part of your request, a switching TechLab. I wrote it some years ago as a 'lesson' for an application I 'was' developing, which with some minor changes may make a good "Layer-2 switching TechLab". It will be a rather simple and straightforward one again but that's kinda the goal as well (2 PCs, 1switch).

I'll run it by Mike before I post it and it does need a little work so it'll probably be Monday or Tuesday when I post it.

[I was a little selfish in my planning and want multiple people to give a chance to read it before I post it, so it will take a few days longer before it's actually online.]

Johan
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. I actually may have something for the second part of your request, a switching TechLab. I wrote it some years ago as a 'lesson' for an application I 'was' developing, which with some minor changes may make a good "Layer-2 switching TechLab". It will be a rather simple and straightforward one again but that's kinda the goal as well (2 PCs, 1switch).

I'll run it by Mike before I post it and it does need a little work so it'll probably be Monday or Tuesday when I post it.

Johan

This will probably make tons of people happy. Great to hear!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • milanchatterjeemilanchatterjee Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    I am having a bit problem with the Tech SIM. I generally use Chrome as my browser, and initially I accessed the Tech Sim with that browser. There after clicking on the "Laptop" a separate screen came which showing the Java loading. After some time, it "conked" out.

I accessed the page through IE8 and came to the page successfully. Then the page comes, where I am supposed to enter my commands. There is says that to clock on the "Blue Arrow" and start entering the commands.

Now herein starts the problem.

But the page stays static like that, with no movement of any kind where I click.

Any help and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Milan chatterjee
    I just uploaded the new TechLab, sorry about the delay. And thanks proofreaders :)

icon_arrow.gifTechLab: Layer 2 Switching Basics

As I mentioned upfront it's a short and simple one but I hope you'll find it useful nevertheless. I'm working on "VLAN Basics" TechLab that's quite a bit longer and contains both more theory and lab tasks. I hope to publish that one next week but don't be surprised if it takes a week longer.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Webmaster wrote: »
    I just uploaded the new TechLab, sorry about the delay. And thanks proofreaders :)

icon_arrow.gifTechLab: Layer 2 Switching Basics

As I mentioned upfront it's a short and simple one but I hope you'll find it useful nevertheless. I'm working on "VLAN Basics" TechLab that's quite a bit longer and contains both more theory and lab tasks. I hope to publish that one next week but don't be surprised if it takes a week longer.
    Any chance of updating some of the older TechLabs?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    I'm definitely going to write some more switching related TechLabs (vlans, DTP and VTP) but as for updating the other TechLabs listed in this thread, they are based on older gear but the information still applies. If there's any part of a TechLab in particular you'd like to see expanded or updated let me know.
  • maymaytharmaymaythar Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank for your nice and introduction for ccna students who will definitely be great to have those lesson. Thank again great job. By the way, more detail like using other cabling and configuration will be cool!!!
  • waqasgkwaqasgk Banned Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    informative lab for Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) thanks :)icon_wink.gif
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Thanks for the tech labs!

Might be helpful to have one on how to go about trouble shooting a network.
    Good debugging/fault finding skills take time and effort to build.

Also how to trouble shoot serial connections (wic1t/wic2t etc)
    and how you you can check if cables are plugged in or not via show controllers

And explain how cisco numbers their different equipment (slot 0 , 1 etc)
    as it can be confusing when getting started
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/69001-ripv2-problems.html
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • jkongbonmejkongbonme Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    These labs provide very informatives for CCNA begginer like me, I learned alot by the way your labs presenting and details explanations. Thanks TE.
  • arditardit Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys
    thx a lot .... its very usefool
  • shamilt1shamilt1 Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • itgl72itgl72 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Working on my home lab. In the end would like 3 routers and 3 switches as I work on my CCNA. Are those 2501 routers good enough for all the CCNA labs? I may have access to 3 of them at an affordable price.

What IOS versions come on those routers and are they high enough for CCNA lab work for the exam?
  • ahmadyadi44ahmadyadi44 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • habeebuhabeebu Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how can i use switching lab on my GNS3 ?
  • RobinsonphilipRobinsonphilip Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much.

This site is really very great help for new beginninger like me.
  • SurfriderSurfrider Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gotta say thanks too. I just spent a small fortune on all the recommended books and a fairly large hardware lab. Wish me luck!
  • SherraSherra Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job Webmaster..
    I tried the first tech lab on Packet tracer 5.3.3 it went all well and it's so good to be able to use softs to practice what I learned. I am having a problem doing he "Configuring a Frame Relay Network" using packet tracer5.3.3 tough.. because there is no router with 3 serial ports that can be used as the frame relay switch. Is there a way to customize one by myself?
    thanx in advance!
    Hi,

I don't know if some one else has the same pb as me. I am trying to do the "Configuring a frame-relay network" in packet tracer 5.3.3 but soem commands are not accepted (do not work). Can you please let me know of any free simulation software that works better than Packet tracer? or is there a way to do it in packet tracer that i do not know of?
    Thank you for your help.

PS: The commands that do not work are the following:
    frame-switch(config-if)# frame-relay intf-type dce (the line protocol is still down)
    and this one:
    frame-switch(config-if)# frame-relay route <input dlci> interface <output interface> <output dlci>

PROBLEM SOLVED! now know how to add modules to a generic router
  • nvcastronvcastro Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I see many of us using packet tracer to study for the CCENT or CCNA certs. How many of you rather study using real Cisco Routers and Switches?
  • cronoscronos Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am looking for some ICND2 Spanning Tree Protocol labs! I will take the exam in 3 weeks and some more practice will be awesome!

Thanks!
  • IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nvcastro wrote: »
    I see many of us using packet tracer to study for the CCENT or CCNA certs. How many of you rather study using real Cisco Routers and Switches?

For CCNA, PT is more convenient and it is a great tool. If you've never touched, hooked up and logged into cisco equipment I suggest doing it at least a few times. But really it's not necessary for the CCNA training.
  • IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cronos wrote: »
    I am looking for some ICND2 Spanning Tree Protocol labs! I will take the exam in 3 weeks and some more practice will be awesome!

Thanks!

I've got some labs I can show you monday. For now, check out this site : CCNA Lab Workbook | Free CCNA Workbook . They have some great stuff, although I more so practiced with 101 Labs for the CCNA, it's just 5 bucks on Amazon for the kindle version.