Passed

kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
Took it this morning, passed with a 877. I thought I'd do better but for me it's just an obstacle to get to the CCSP. I watched the CBT Nuggets videos and flipped through the CCNA Security book. I tried playing around with the SDM security features but it wasn't working very well for me. It was probably the version of Java I was running but I didn't feel that it was worth my time to try and make that POS work.

Anyway, I'm going to start on SNRS but may get distracted once my ASA shows up and switch over to SNAF. Good luck to everyone working on this one.

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    kalebksp wrote: »
    Took it this morning, passed with a 877. I thought I'd do better but for me it's just an obstacle to get to the CCSP. I watched the CBT Nuggets videos and flipped through the CCNA Security book. I tried playing around with the SDM security features but it wasn't working very well for me. It was probably the version of Java I was running but I didn't feel that it was worth my time to try and make that POS work.

Anyway, I'm going to start on SNRS but may get distracted once my ASA shows up and switch over to SNAF. Good luck to everyone working on this one.

Good deal. I hope to take this test later this month. Do you think that your CCNP (specifically ISCW ) knowledge helped you get through the CCNA:S? I have been thumbing through parts of the ISCW book to get a different view of IPSEC, AAA, and other things.
  • GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Good deal. I hope to take this test later this month. Do you think that your CCNP (specifically ISCW ) knowledge helped you get through the CCNA:S? I have been thumbing through parts of the ISCW book to get a different view of IPSEC, AAA, and other things.

Yeah the ISCW helped, other than MPLS and Cable/DSL the topics are very similar.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass! I have been thinking about taking this exam as well, but I'm too determined to get my CCNP to study this at the same time. Maybe once I get done the CCNP I'll get it.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on your pass...
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker