Options

Labs for Security+

remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
I am studying for my Security+ but the book I am using doesn't contain any labs. Anyone know of any or if they are even needed.

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am studying for my Security+ but the book I am using doesn't contain any labs. Anyone know of any or if they are even needed.

You don't really need any for the test.
  • Options
    Met44Met44 Member Posts: 194
    It looks like there is some material that comes up on a google/amazon search for Security+ labs, but as stated above, it is not really necessary for this exam.

That said, beyond the exam, you can always play around in wireshark or tcpdump. Download some attack tools and see how they look on the wire in your home lab, or sniff a certificate exchange to your banking site. Download a cracking tool and see how long it takes to break different strength passwords (using dictionaries vs pure brute force). There are lots of fun little activities that will help build a better understanding of the material as well as let you see the technology in "reality".
  • Options
    MrDallasVipMrDallasVip Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Security Administrator Street Smarts book is one, gives you hands on experience with IT Security..Search on Barnes and Nobles or Amazon...It has a 4 1/2 out of 5 for rating! The book is by Sybex..