BSCI Finished Moving On

4E65644E6564 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I spent the last 5 months working on the BSCI. It was definitely hardest exam of my life (so far)!! I felt like my college tests were a joke compared to this. I definitely need to work on time management for my future CCNP tests, as I didn't do as well as I wanted to.

Now waiting on results to be validated, and busy studying the BCMSN (though I've been studying it for about 2 months now).

For my last CCNA test it took only a day for the results to be validated, how long for you guys?

Comments

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    4E6564 wrote: »
    Well I spent the last 5 months working on the BSCI. It was definitely hardest exam of my life (so far)!! I felt like my college tests were a joke compared to this. I definitely need to work on time management for my future CCNP tests, as I didn't do as well as I wanted to.

Now waiting on results to be validated, and busy studying the BCMSN (though I've been studying it for about 2 months now).

For my last CCNA test it took only a day for the results to be validated, how long for you guys?

Congrats! BSCI was my hardest exam, too..but the most interesting IMO. I really enjoyed studying for it, and labbing, but the test itself was rough.

I forget if it was my BCMSN or BSCI results, but one of them took about 2 days to show up in the certification tracking system, for what it's worth. My last test, the ONT, showed up in a day..so I guess it varies.

When are you planning on tackling the BCMSN?
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif
  • svo4dot6svo4dot6 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...I passed the BSCI two weeks ago and it took about a day for the results to be validated, but when i took the BCMSN it took a couple of days...but it was a holiday week.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

The validated results usually show up in a day or two -- but Friday or Saturday exams (and Sunday exams at the rare open Sunday exam centers) may not get updated to Cisco until Monday, so you may not see the results until Tuesday or even Wednesday.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • 4E65644E6564 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone!

Wow, it already showed up as a pass!

Well if I want to do the 4 test version, I'm going to have to take pretty much 2 months per test. I've already given good time to the BCMSN, so I don't think it will take much more, but I will probably deep dive into material more than needed (I'd rather understand the topics very well, over just learning enough for the exam).

Have a good one,
  • SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Congrats, that was a tough one ;)
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    I've stopped and started this over the past year or so, hoping to follow thru this time around...
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Any last minute recommendations? I take mine in 14 days..
  • qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303

1. don't cram day of exam :D
    2. LAB LAB LAB
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
    qplayed wrote: »
    1. don't cram day of exam :D
    2. LAB LAB LAB

Thank you. I have been labbing and I'll definitely do so for the next 14 days. Ive just been going back and brushing up on some weak areas. Can't wait to conquer the exam! I want to move on to ONT next :)
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    I am going to begin studying for it in Feb hopefully but honestly I am scared of it. Ha. Its been a year and a half since i got my CCNA and I know that I have forgotten quite a bit of stuff. Congrats on the pass.
    I am going to begin studying for it in Feb hopefully but honestly I am scared of it. Ha. Its been a year and a half since i got my CCNA and I know that I have forgotten quite a bit of stuff. Congrats on the pass.

You should keep up to date with the announcement then that Cisco will make in regards to the program change. So you don't study the material and not hit the deadline of the new change and have to go for the new exam material.
  • iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269

Get and complete the BSCI lab portfolio if you haven't yet. Good luck.
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
    iproute wrote: »

I am going to get it shipped tonight, I've done a good many labs but I will order this to just get even more practice. Definitely can never over prepare :)
    iproute wrote: »

Thanks man for recommending this book. IT has some really good material for labs in it. I would highly recommend this to anyone!
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    4E6564 wrote: »

It varies. For the ARCH exam for the CCDP, it took about 24 hours for it to be validated, for the BSCI (which was my final exam for CCNP), I got the 'congratulations on becoming a CCNP!' email on the drive home from the test center. I think it mostly depends on when the test center transmits the results.