ITIL Foundation Book Status

eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
I've received a few PMs and a couple of questions in various threads about when my ITIL Foundation book will be released.

I am surprised by and appreciate the interest.

The book is complete. My intent is to include some content that must be licensed. Unfortunately I am continuing to await approval for some of the licensed content.

Hopefully her majesty's royal beekeepers will act quickly. If not, then I will likely release the book without the licensed content. This will not affect the quality of the book so much as it will decrease the length of it.

I am hoping to have a resolution this week. Basically this centers around using the official ITIL glossary, which is already available to you as a free resource.

Additionally, I am working on an arrangement for TE members in good standing. It will be a limited term deal and I don't have the full details yet, but I can say it will significantly lower the price to members here (retail is $24.95).

Thank you for your patience; please bear with me for a few more days.

MS

Comments

• petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Thanks for the update.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Very cool sir. I'll be grabbing a copy when it comes out (retail price or not)
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Looking forward to reading it.
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Great to hear.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Damn dude, do you ever sleep?

How much is the limited edition that comes with an autographed photo?
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Damn dude, do you ever sleep?

How much is the limited edition that comes with an autographed photo?

I slept quite a bit today...but I just returned from Vegas so I was wiped out...

Normally I'd say I take about 5 hours of sleep per day...not necessarily contiguous.

Then again, one could question your sleep habits as well...responding at 4:35 AM....

MS
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi,

Have checked the forums but couldn't see any other thread with an update.

I'm preparing to start the necessary evil that seems to be ITIL this week (self-study) and am enquiring on the status of the book? Did you ever get over the licensing hurdle?

Out of interest, is ITIL just ISO9000 revisited and updated?

Cheers,
    Dave
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    azaghul wrote: »
    No the two are distinct and different.

ITIL came out of the UK government's OGC. Have a look see.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    azaghul wrote: »
    Hi,

Have checked the forums but couldn't see any other thread with an update.

I'm preparing to start the necessary evil that seems to be ITIL this week (self-study) and am enquiring on the status of the book? Did you ever get over the licensing hurdle?

Cheers,
    Dave

Still working through an annoying licensing issue with OGC. Hopefully it will be resolved soon, but I've said that before...

As astorrs indicated, ITIL and ISO/IEC 9000 are two very different animals.

MS