finally bit the bullet

lwhitemcplwhitemcp Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
scheduled for 26 jan, but did what i always do, and moved it to later this week. i cant stand waiting when i think i am ready, lol.
ive only been studying a few weeks, but then again ive studied it on and off every month or 2 for well over a year now.
I hate A.D.D. , lol
MCP,MCSA ,MCDST,MCTS:VISTA, MCITP:ES,
A+,Network+,CIW Associate
IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 7

Comments

• worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lwhitemcp wrote: »
    scheduled for 26 jan, but did what i always do, and moved it to later this week. i cant stand waiting when i think i am ready, lol.
    ive only been studying a few weeks, but then again ive studied it on and off every month or 2 for well over a year now.
    I hate A.D.D. , lol

I hear ya man!!! I bit the bullett too and scheduled my exam for tomorrow afternoon! I couldn't stand it any longer! Good luck with your exam. Judging by your past certs, I'm certain you'll do fine! Keep us posted with your exam experience. icon_smile.gif
    Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
    OIIIIIIIO
  • lwhitemcplwhitemcp Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks dude, then maybe that [EMAIL="d#@$$"]d#@$$[/EMAIL] CCNA, do you know how many times, i have started studying for that beast, lol. how long ago did you get yours.
  • jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
    lol I hear that, distractions really can get in the way, sad thing is: I live alone. So I barely have any distractions really, aside from other things around my apt. but living alone is perfect for those studing certs. but damn, can it sometimes get lonely, lol
    Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
    http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
    HTC students encouraged to join :)
    lwhitemcp wrote: »
    thanks dude, then maybe that [EMAIL="d#@$$"]d#@$$[/EMAIL] CCNA, do you know how many times, i have started studying for that beast, lol. how long ago did you get yours.

LOL...Beast is right! I did it in two parts, and got certified back in June of 2009. The CBT's along with the Cisco Press books were what I used. I also found a Packet Tracer program by Cisco Academy that came in handy too.

I take my Security+ tomorrow at 1:30 at the local ECPI. All I have used so far is Darril Gibson's book, and a couple of chapters from the Sybex book. I quit reading the Sybex because it got bad reviews.

Darril Gibson is member of these forums, and the name of his book is "Get Certified Get Ahead". Look it up on Amazon, it's inexpensive, easy to read, and very thorough. One great thing is he is constantly on these forums and open to answer any questions you might have....Good luck man, I gotta hit the books a little more for tomorrow.
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    worldmac1 wrote: »
    LOL...Beast is right! I did it in two parts, and got certified back in June of 2009. The CBT's along with the Cisco Press books were what I used. I also found a Packet Tracer program by Cisco Academy that came in handy too.

I take my Security+ tomorrow at 1:30 at the local ECPI. All I have used so far is Darril Gibson's book, and a couple of chapters from the Sybex book. I quit reading the Sybex because it got bad reviews.

Darril Gibson is member of these forums, and the name of his book is "Get Certified Get Ahead". Look it up on Amazon, it's inexpensive, easy to read, and very thorough. One great thing is he is constantly on these forums and open to answer any questions you might have....Good luck man, I gotta hit the books a little more for tomorrow.

Good luck to both of you on the exam. Let us know how you do.

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    ISBN-10: 1439236364
  • lwhitemcplwhitemcp Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i always come back to the forums late in the studying, so hopefully i wont need darrils book, but depending on how i do i may start reading it next weekend, lol.

cheers
    It's easy....You'll do fine. I passed today with an 820.
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    worldmac1 wrote: »
    It's easy....You'll do fine. I passed today with an 820.

Of course, everything's easy - once you know it.

Congratulations on the pass! That's a great score.

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    ISBN-10: 1439236364