Passed but humbled

Well I finally took my exam and I passed it -- 780

I went in so "rooster"-sure I was going to score in the high 900s -- the exam thought otherwise. icon_wink.gif

Here is what I used:

CBT Nuggets -- I can't say enough about the DVD; if you use the DVD with your readings understanding is much easier.

Transcender -- buy it use it. The questions make you think hard.

MeasureUp -- This was the same style as the exam; and the only practice exam that mentioned bluetooth. I got two questions on bluetooth devices.

Microsoft's Training Kit -- this book is a mountain of information but the questions in the back had goofy errors, and many of the questions went beyond the scope of what was written in the book.

Now onto 70-290!

~Obdurate~

Comments

• GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
  • SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Obdurate wrote: »
    Well I finally took my exam and I passed it -- 780

I went in so "rooster"-sure I was going to score in the high 900s -- the exam thought otherwise. icon_wink.gif

Here is what I used:

CBT Nuggets -- I can't say enough about the DVD; if you use the DVD with your readings understanding is much easier.

Transcender -- buy it use it. The questions make you think hard.

MeasureUp -- This was the same style as the exam; and the only practice exam that mentioned bluetooth. I got two questions on bluetooth devices.

Microsoft's Training Kit -- this book is a mountain of information but the questions in the back had goofy errors, and many of the questions went beyond the scope of what was written in the book.

Now onto 70-290!

~Obdurate~

I discovered measureup while going through the MCITP EA track, and man, that is some good stuff. I used only that, no reading, just about a year and a half hands on with Windows Server 2008 (certification is to certify your experience right?). I passed the entire track (I did the upgrade from MCSA) in less than 2 months. They are great at helping you to think like the exam. Congrats, the 270 was difficult and not to be taken lightly.
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • ronzillaronzilla Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how long did you study?
  • ObdurateObdurate Member Posts: 108
    ronzilla wrote: »
    how long did you study?

I did an hour or so a day everyday for 4 months; two weeks before my exam I did 3 to 4 hours a day with a minimum of 100 practice questions.

Nothing fancy, just straight up hard work.

~Obdurate~
  • docspawndocspawn Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done, its a hard exam for a first one. I'm sure you'll find
    the 290 a breath of fresh air after 270.
    Lot of over lap
    D.S.
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats on the pass! Good luck on the 290.
  • poriggityporiggity Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats brother! I just got my A+ and am now starting to work on 70-270... Then next up is 70-290, and so on.. Again, Congrats!
    A+, 70-270, and working on 70-290 now. Certs are good.
    claymoore wrote:
    If you're unzipping your fly to show off your A+, N+ and Sec+, I'm going to ask if it's cold in here.