Passed the Security+ exam

worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
Yeeessss!!!!

I passed the exam with an 820 today. I must say that near the end I was feeling a little anxious. Not because of the time but because of the questions I received near the end. I thought it was adaptive at first, LOL, but I was able to put on my thinking cap and finish strong.

I pretty much only used Darril Gibson's "Get Certified Get Ahead" book and these forums along with a printout of Comptia's test objectives. The exam is pretty much straight forward and if you know the objectives, you WILL pass.

Thank you Darril, and all the other posters here on Tech Exams.

I may forgo the CCNA-Voice and start the CCNA-Sec instead. Everyone have a great week!
Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
OIIIIIIIO

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats as well.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    worldmac1 wrote: »
    Yeeessss!!!!

I passed the exam with an 820 today. I must say that near the end I was feeling a little anxious. Not because of the time but because of the questions I received near the end. I thought it was adaptive at first, LOL, but I was able to put on my thinking cap and finish strong.

I pretty much only used Darril Gibson's "Get Certified Get Ahead" book and these forums along with a printout of Comptia's test objectives. The exam is pretty much straight forward and if you know the objectives, you WILL pass.

Thank you Darril, and all the other posters here on Tech Exams.

I may forgo the CCNA-Voice and start the CCNA-Sec instead. Everyone have a great week!

Hells yea man. Great job! Why not do both CCNA:SEC + VOICE. That would be a killer combo.
  • worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Hells yea man. Great job! Why not do both CCNA:SEC + VOICE. That would be a killer combo.

I definitely want to do that, but I think I might be landing a new positiion that will require I have CCNA_Sec, so I better buckle down for that first. icon_smile.gif

It would most definitely be a killer combo!
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    worldmac1 wrote: »
    I definitely want to do that, but I think I might be landing a new positiion that will require I have CCNA_Sec, so I better buckle down for that first. icon_smile.gif

It would most definitely be a killer combo!

Cool. CCNA:Sec has been fun so far. I have my test scheduled on the 30th. Time to buckle down and go balls to the walls for the next few weeks. Then Security+ on February 13. Fun times. Fun times.....
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations! Great score.

Good luck on the CCNA-Sec.

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    ISBN-10: 1439236364
  • IT_FANIT_FAN Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!

Welcome to the Party of Security + !!! Proud member myself.....
    CompTIA A+ (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Network + (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Security + (2008 Edition) | CASP | CCDA | CCNA | CCNAS | CCNAV | CCDP | CCNP | CCNP:Security | MCTS | MCP | MCSA | MCSE | MCITP:EA | ITIL v3 Foundation 8)
  • BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Great score mate...wish u al the best
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • lwhitemcplwhitemcp Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats, due to work i had to resched mine for 26th of this month instead of this week.
    MCP,MCSA ,MCDST,MCTS:VISTA, MCITP:ES,
    A+,Network+,CIW Associate
    IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 7
  • KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I am getting close to taking my test. I have made my way through Darril's book once. I will be going again.

Congrats.

KM
    Killermac :)
    A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680
  • saran1234saran1234 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats for passing the exam and best of luck for your next one.

-Saran
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First of all congrats on earning the cert, it'll open a lot of doors for you!

But since your the first person that I've seen on here that's passed a Comptia cert, I have to ask.

Would you have still taken the test if you knew that it wasn't going to be a lifetime cert?

I was on the JTA that developed the exam, and honestly I'm pissed that they've changed their renewal policy!
  • worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    steve13ad wrote: »
    First of all congrats on earning the cert, it'll open a lot of doors for you!

But since your the first person that I've seen on here that's passed a Comptia cert, I have to ask.

Would you have still taken the test if you knew that it wasn't going to be a lifetime cert?

I was on the JTA that developed the exam, and honestly I'm pissed that they've changed their renewal policy!

I probably still would've taken the cert just because I landed a position that was expecting me to take and pass the exam. Will I renew? That is really the question. I'll need to look into that part more closely as time draws near, but I can honestly say I won't pay 250 dollars to do so. Hopefully in 3 years I will be at least CCSP and won't have a need for the Comptia Security+ exam.

I am studying for the CCNA Security exam and it is really interesting! A lot more so than Sec+. For those not certified yet, I say go ahead and study for the Sec+, as it is a great entry level cert and employers do look at those as someone who takes initiative, and their careers seriously.
    Hope that answers your questions.

Good Luck icon_smile.gif
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO
  • GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)