Options

Free Book With Labs

RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
After someone here linked me to the learningcenter.cisco.com site, I was perusing the CCENT Study Group discussions, and one of the documents posted over there was a link to this free book, that included some labs.

I briefly skimmed it. Not sure if this has been posted here or not, figured I would toss it out there anyway.

Can't beat free ;)

http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_54/815000/815026/1/print/815026.pdf
"Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    The author's Lulu page say it is a free copy of the draft for his v5 CCNA book.

One thing though, the eBook has "GET THE BOOK THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT WANT YOU TO OWN!!!" at the end as an advert for the author's other security related books where you'll "Learn about the nuts and bolts of SPAM, port scanning, Knoppix tools, cookies, and bring it all together with exercises in hacking at legal gaming sites." Right...
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    lol I went to check that out after you posted this. Interesting.

Well.. you get what you pay for right? :) Since it was posted on the Cisco sites discussion area and stickied as a document there, figured it wouldn't hurt to let others see it from here and then pass judgment on it :)
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Good find. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will find it useful and as you said, its free.

I'm sure the author's stuff is okay. I just skimmed through the eBook and it appears to be all there. Just the wording of the advert at the end is a bit cringeworthy :)