Network Simulator

N3tWrkNutN3tWrkNut Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know of a good network simulator? I am having troubles with nat. I took the CCNA test today and did not pass icon_sad.gif. My major problem was Nat. I could not remember the commands to save my life. I know it doesn't take much for nat but I guess I need hands on with it. Any suggestions? :)

Comments

• billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    N3tWrkNut wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a good network simulator? I am having troubles with nat. I took the CCNA test today and did not pass icon_sad.gif. My major problem was Nat. I could not remember the commands to save my life. I know it doesn't take much for nat but I guess I need hands on with it. Any suggestions? :)

GNS3 is a good one.
  • CucumberCucumber Member Posts: 192

Hmm Dynamips
    I hate pandas
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□

The best network sim is good old hardware (routers, switches, etc).

Next to that Packet Tracker, GNS3 or Boson (I have heard good things about this one).
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    knwminus wrote: »
    Bosom (I have heard good things about this one).
    So have I -- but not for networking.

Boson is the Network Simulator you were hopefully thinking about.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • gAnDogAnDo Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    :D both have their merits